Chapter 14: I'm The Boss

Kat's POV

I watched as the Autobots used the groundbridge and almost the rest of the energon that had been in the ship to bridge to Darkmount.

It had never been my intention to get involved in their war anymore than I needed to. My job had been to protect Miko from Silas and M.E.C.H. since I got here. And yet, some part of me begged to chase after them and help.

I shook my head and turned around, walking to the controls and getting to work. Why was I helping them? Was it pity or a sense of duty? Did I feel the need to return the favor since Smokescreen saved me from suffocating in that energon cup?

A chunk of metal slid into place smoothly and I smiled, quite satisfied with the new mechanism. I glanced at my blueprints once more before checking over my work and moving to the other side.

Whatever the reason was, I was now a part of this battle and I'm not sure that when Karai finds me, I'll be able to return to the clan and act as if an alien war isn't being waged in the U.S.

Even if Miko isn't part of it, I know that I need to see this through.

With newfound determination, I grabbed my tablet and found a remote location to send my order. If I was going to invest myself in this war, I'd need to help Jack, Miko, and Raf help to the best of their own abilities.

M.E.C.H.'s threat against Miko paled in comparison.

The comms crackled to life as Ultra Magnus spoke for the first time since they had left.

"All units, Optimus Prime has returned. I repeat, Optimus Prime is alive and quite well." Ultra Magnus reported.

A grin grew on my face as the others cheered excitedly.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

When the others returned, Optimus and Smokescreen included, we transported our equipment to a military base so that the Decepticons could not track us to the Harbinger.

Agent Fowler was currently having a long talk with his superiors. I had been assured that he would not mention me or my clan.

"So you're the new human, huh? Smokescreen's charge?" Wheeljack asked, walking over with Bulkhead and Miko.

Smokescreen looked over and we shared a smile.

"No. Kat doesn't need my protection." Smokescreen told Wheeljack.

"Ah, you're a wrecker then?" Wheeljack asked.

I grimaced, "Even the name sounds unlike me."

"She's a ninja. Warrior in the shadows. Closer to Arcee." Miko explained, "My sister kicks butt! You should've seen her!"

"Yes, and soon enough, you'll be kicking butt too." I told her.

"I already kick butt." Miko scoffed.

I walked forward and smiled, pulling a long metal chain from around my neck and holding it out, the silver crest glinting in the light.

Miko's jaw dropped, her eyes flickered between me and the medallion.

"You- you- you're-" She stammered.

"It's time I bring you into the fold, 少し妹." I smiled.

She took the medallion in shaking hands, "I thought you'd never..."