Chapter 12: One More Mystery

Kat's POV

After a few hours, Ratchet had returned and I had found my way into the Nemesis. It was unfortunate I did not have a computer, but the tablet was displaying the blueprints and cameras for us just fine. The bugs on the other hand, were heard to hear, but working.

All the devices on Starscream and Megatron were gone, which annoyed me, but was no surprise. After all, I could never get any of them on the Autobots long term either. The energon must mess up the signal or something. Even the devices in the Nemesis had begun to blur with decreased signal strength.

I yawned, frowning at the screen. The Nemesis was clearing not being used as much as it had been before. It seemed they had moved their more important endeavors to Darkmount.

I had learned that Wheeljack had escaped very recently and they had caught and killed no one. It was very relieving to know that Miko was safe and Ratchet seemed shocked that they didn't find Optimus.

Outside, the snowy weather was getting worse, making the broken-down barn cold. I considered using my laser to make a fire, but the wood was too rotten, I was afraid the whole barn would go up in a blaze.

Ratchet looked over from where he was putting some wires together, "Why don't you take a break and get some sleep?" He suggested.

I shook my head, "Busy."

Ratchet's eyes narrowed, "You came to base very early this morning, dealt with being kidnapped, and you're still recovering from a severely broken leg. As your doctor, I advise that you get rest."

"Thanks for the advise, doc." I nodded before returning to work.

Working with computer systems that weren't just encoded, but written in a language from another galaxy. That was very hard. I'm not so sure anymore that I can get past it.

Maybe if Ratchet and I work together we can get through, but for now, it seemed like a lost cause. I should work on gathering the materials for the groundbridge or getting energon for Ratchet and the others once we find them.

I yawned again, my eyes drooping slightly as I stood up and stretched.

Ratchet looked at me in surprise, "Are you actually listening to my advice?"

I shook my head, "Going to go get supplies. I should be back soon."

He frowned, "That's a terrible idea."

I shrugged, "Thanks."

I headed for the door and Ratchet stood up, "The wind is bad out there and the snow is picking up. It might be a blizzard and you have no idea where the nearest town is. You're injured, exhausted, and delusional. Stay here."

"Delusional? We're you just calling me a genius?"

He growled, "Don't let that get to your head. You're delusion because you're trying to go out there alone."

I rolled my eyes, "I have plenty of training for these kinds of situations."

"Training isn't experience and if you won't not go, then I'm coming with you." He said, transforming and driving over.

I crossed my arms, "You need to work on the groundbridge. We don't have time for you to baby me."

"You want to go and I want to keep an eye on you. Either you stay here or I come with. Choose one." He said sternly.

We don't have time for arguing. I huffed and stepped into his driver's seat, letting him close the door behind me.

Ratchet went slow, no doubt cold in the freezing weather. I could hear the wind howling even from inside the ambulance.