〽️ Chap. 7 / Broken Helmet 〽️

"So? How was the mission?" Ryder asks.
"It was awful." says Katie taking off her helmet, then she says, "I mean, I saved the old man. But the train almost derailed."
"Hmm, I can add accessories and tools to your suit. Like a gear!"
"Please no. It will be too heavy. I want to be flexible when I run."
"Then we gotta think of something else." Ryder says.

"I think I have something else too." Katie says.
"What do you mean?"
"Like, I noticed I had super strength earlier."
"Super-strength ...hmm...interesting." Ryder says.

Ryder's phone rings, it's Mayor Goodway.
"Looks like I have a hater."
"Just because someone is calling the PAW Patrol for an emergency, it doesn't mean they hate you." says Ryder calmly. He then picks up the call.

"Oh Ryder! I'm freaking out! Can you call Speedy-Girl too!?"
"But what's the problem, Mayor Goodway?" Ryder asks.
"There's a villain with fire on him and he wants to destroy my whole town!"
"That's...really bad. Don't worry, Mayor Goodway! We'll be there! Paw Patrol, to the Lookout!" says Ryder calling all his pups to the Lookout.

"Good Luck, Paw Patrol."
"What, no!? You are stronger than anyone else. You have to come with us." Ryder says.
"It's not the Pet Parlor girl from Adventure Bay that will save the town." she says.
"We need Speedy-Girl. You have to help us." Ryder says.
Katie hesitates for a few seconds then makes her decision.

A few minutes later, all the pups are at the top of the Lookout waiting for their leader to give them their mission.
"Someone has come to destroy our whole city. It's a very dangerous mission so I need e-very-one. And Speedy-Girl will help us too." says Ryder waving at Speedy-Girl. The new hero approaches and comes near the pups.
"Speedy-Girl! I need an autograph!" Marshall exclaims.
"So cool! I love you Speedy-Girl!" Skye says happily.
"Why don't you tell us who you are?" Rubble asks.

"Um, Rubble, Speedy-Girl wants to keep her identity a secret." Ryder says.
"Mhm...The way that suit is made looks familiar to me" Rocky says examining Speedy-Girl's suit and helmet.

"Our mission is to save Adventure Bay from this bad guy. Marshall, you're gonna use your water cannons to try and put out the fire on the bad guy. Speedy-Girl, you know your powers so you know what to do. The rest of the pups, you come with me, we'll help the people. PAW Patrol is on a roll!"

"Hey what's your catchphwase, Speedy-Giwl?" Zuma asks.
"Um, yayy Speedy-Girl, the fastest of girls!...That sucks." says Speedy-Girl immediately running away.

Arrived on the scene, the PAW Patrol and Speedy-Girl discover a crazy guy who causes damage to the whole city by sending fireballs.
"I don't have a plan for now but toss him some water for now."
"Okay Katie, take a deep breath. He's just a supervillain causing trouble. Not the craziest thing I've seen. All I have to do is throw some water on him." Katie says to herself.

Everyone does their job, and thus, they weaken the power of the scientist.
Speedy-Girl runs very fast around the scientist to create wind and weaken the fire.
"Aahh! Who is that fast woman!" says the scientist who grabs Speedy-Girl by her neck. He rips off Katie's helmet and breaks it.

"This is Katie! She's working in a Pet Parlour!" says a voice behind the scientist. It's Mayor Humdinger.

"Mayor Humdinger!? Are you with him? Please stop everything! You can't get what you want with violence! Think about it!" cries Ryder, painful to see Katie who is in the hands of the scientist.

"Let me think about it .... um... Oh? My mind has decided. The answer is no!" says Humdinger.

"Pet Parlor girl!? Hahaha! That's the dumbest thing ever! Why are you even here, you idiot?" says the scientist throwing Katie away.

"Katie!!" cries Ryder.
"Don't worry, Ryder, I got it!" Skye says in her helicopter. She drops cold ice on the scientist who cries out in pain.

"I'll come back! You will all die!" says the scientist fleeing with Mayor Humdinger.

"Thanks Skye! Have you seen Katie?"
"Katie? She must be in her pet parlor."
"No, not Katie. Have you seen Speedy-Girl?"
"Oh yeah! She left covering her face."
"Where did she go?"
"I think she went to the river."
"Okay, go back to the Lookout with the other pups. I have to go do something." Ryder says.

With hot tears streaming down his tired cheeks, Ryder runs towards the direction of the river. His legs are shaking, his arms are shaking, his heart is beating fastly, Ryder is running as fast as he can. He sees Katie sitting on the edge of the river. Her suit is half damaged and her helmet completely destroyed.
Ryder runs over to Katie and gives her a hug.
"Katieee! Your...your neck!?"
"I also thought I had a neck injury, but strangely, I'm fine."
"I'm so glad you're fine!" says Ryder hugging his best friend.
"You know, this Speedy-Girl thing. I don't want to do it anymore."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm not afraid of death. It's just...a Pet Parlor girl can't be a hero. If there has to be a Speedy-Girl, it must be someone else, not me." Katie says.
"Katie...believe me. I don't like Speedy-Girl. I love the Pet Parlor girl. I love my best friend who takes care of all my pups. I love my best friend who always put a smile on my face. I love my best friend who no matter what happens, she'll always be there for me. I love YOU Katie and no one else." Ryder says.

"That's...really sweet. But I'm just a normal girl."
"You are not normal, you are special. You have to be Speedy-Girl again. Don't listen to anyone. You are the pet parlor girl and this is what makes you special!" says Ryder taking Katie's hand.
"But my helmet..."
"I have another one. And when this crazy guy comes back, I have a feeling that you'll be the one who will save Adventure Bay." Ryder says.

Katie puts her hand in the water, and a blue heart appears on her hand.
"What...How did you do that?"
"I discovered it before you came." Katie says then she says, "This is for you."
"It's...it's so beautiful." Ryder says.

"I'm gonna kick that guy's butt!" Katie says.
"That's a bit...adult language?"
"I don't care. He hurt Adventure Bay"

"You are really amazing, Katie." Ryder says.
"Wanna go super fast with me?" Katie asks.
"But...how?"
"Oh I can carry you on my back."
"Nope..."
"You mean yes! You forget that I have super-strength too!" Katie says, immediately carrying Ryder on her back.
"Ready?"
"Umm...Don't go too fast...please."
"You mean super-fast? Okay!" says Katie running as fast as light. The two friends go around the whole city in just one minute.