〽️ Chap. 4 / Super-Suit 〽️

Ryder returns to the Lookout where he searches everywhere for his blonde friend. But she's not there.
"Hey Rubble, do you know where Katie went?"
"I don't know Ryder. But why don't you go see in her parlor?" says the bulldog.

Ryder gets on his ATV and heads towards Katie's parlor. When he gets there, the the door is closed. He then knocks on the door.
"Katie, it's me. Open the door if you're in, please."
The door opens and Ryder walks into Katie's parlor.
"Oh h-hey Ryder..."
"Katie, I told you to stay at the lookout." Ryder says.
"I was a bit bored. So I came here." Katie says.
"You clearly saved a chicken then you came here."
"C-chicken? What chicken?"
"Katie, I know you saved Chickaletta. You didn't have to save her. You're not fine."
"I am fine! I am more than fine, I can finally be what I always wanted to be. A heroine!"
"I'm gonna call a doctor." Ryder says.
"Don't do that! I don't wanna go anywhere. Like imagine, if that doctor is a crazy doctor, and he takes me to a lab where he'll do experiments on me and..." Katie says.

Ryder remains silent for a few seconds and then he says, "So what now?"
"I wanna be like you. And look, I found out I can I can use telekinesis on objects that require electricity. Like this TV remote!" Katie says gesturing with her hand. The remote control which was placed on a table moves alone in the air.

"That's great! You're like a superhero now!" Ryder says.
"A superhero? Mhm...I need a superhero name."
"Electricity-Girl?"
"Nah, I don't like it."
"Storm?"
"It's taken."
"Katie the Speedy-Girl?"
"I should keep my identity secret. Speedy-Girl is good!"

"I guess now you're just gonna search for people in danger, and you're going to save them?"
"Yup!"
"Like that?"
"What do you mean like that?" Katie asks.
"Don't you think you need a super-suit? I can make you one"
"You...are...the...best." says Katie with a big smile.

Ryder smiles and then says, "So I was thinking to have three main colors in your suit made of Spandex. First one is pink, not because you're a girl, but because you like pink..."
"Mhm." Katie nods.
"We saw you have electricity and lightning powers. So how about some flashy yellow colors on your arms and legs? And I'm also thinking of a little bit of light blue color because it would look good?"

"This is perfect!" says Katie happily.
"And in order to use your powers while wearing the suit, I'll manage to build your suit powerful enough to support your own powers." Ryder says.
"Just a little thing, Ryder. Please, don't tell anyone about me being, you know, a hero. I don't want people to think this is just the Pet Parlor girl and that she looks weird in that suit. I want to be someone they don't know." Katie says.
"I'll say it again, it isn't Speedy-Girl who's my hero, but it's the Pet Parlor girl. Don't listen to those who dislike you. But of course, I won't tell anyone about this. Not even Chase. This is our little secret."

"Thanks Ryder. Before you leave, I have, um, a request for my suit."
"What is it?"
"Can I have like...little cat ears?" Katie asks making Ryder laugh.

The next few hours are tough for Ryder. Without Rocky's help, Ryder first draws a diagram of Katie's suit. He then gathers several materials and begins the construction. He builds a sturdy helmet and then a visor so Katie can see.

At the same time, Katie is bathing a little girl's kitten.
"You're the best!" says the little girl seeing her beautiful kitten.
"I'm the best?"
"Of course! There's no one here who takes care of our pets!" says the girl taking her kitten and leaving.
Katie smiles but that smile disappears as soon as she sees Mayor Goodway entering her parlour.

"Hello, my Chicky-poo needs a bath!" says Goodway.
Katie nods and takes Chickaletta to wash her feathers.
In her superhero thoughts, Katie gives a bath to Chickaletta but Goodway notices that Katie is doing her job pretty badly.
"Hey, hey! My Chickaletta needs a good bath!" she says, almost furious.
"I'm sorry, Mayor Goodway. I was just...in my thoughts." Katie says then she asks, "So how's Adventure Bay? I mean, everything's fine?"
"Mhm. A new hero is in town and saved my baby. I wonder who it is." Goodway says making Katie smile.

After Goodway leaves, Ryder enters the Parlor with Robo-Dog.
"Hi Ryder,....you want me to..."
"Hahah no I'm not asking you to clean Robo-Dog." says Ryder, chuckling.
"Are you done with the suit?"
"Almost done. It'll be finished tomorrow. I'm here to ask you if there's anything under your parlour?" Ryder asks.
"Um, yes. I just have a basement where I put my extra stuff, like shampoos or soaps."
"I thought we could expand your basement to make it your secret superhero base. This will be the perfect place to test your other powers."
"Yeah, great!" Katie says.

Katie lets Ryder and Robo-Dog into her basement and the two get to work turning a simple basement into a superhero headquarter. As for Katie, she stays upstairs in her parlor in case customers arrive.

The sun sets a few hours later, and it's almost time for the parlor to close. Katie closes her shop early and she joins Ryder and Robo-Dog who are almost done.

"Woah! So many technology here!"
"Yup. You need to know when someone needs your help." Ryder says, screwing in a screw.

"What is that for?" Katie asks, pointing to some sort of large glass box.
"This is where you will test your powers. We know you have super-speed and the electricity thing in your hands, but I don't think these are the only powers you have." Ryder says.
"What if something goes wrong? What if I use my powers and I destroy my whole parlor?"
"It won't happen, Katie. I secured everything." says Ryder continuing to screw.

"Now get in the testbox." Ryder says.
Katie enters the large glass cubicle and she sees a table with items on it.
"Alright, Katie. I need you to focus on the fork and try to use your telekinesis."
Katie makes a movement with her hands but nothing happens.
"Now try to light this light bulb."
Katie delicately puts her hand on the light bulb which lights up immediately.
"Wow!" Katie says, impressed.

"It's late now. We'll continue tomorrow." says Ryder, yawning.