Save Me: Part 8

Save Me

Part 8: 

I dedicate this part to readingsdabomb! Because she helped me shape Layli's character and gave me some awesome advice! You guys should check her out! Her book is amazing! She's da bomb! Get it...hehehe I suck at jokes! Stay awesome girl! 

I have been trying to open my eyes for the past hour now and they are not opening! The outside light was really bright for some reason. My head is throbbing, I have this shooting pain near my stomach and my bed is uncomfortable. 

I sit up with great difficulty and groan out loud. I open my eyes slowly when I hear a small laugh in the room. 

"Mom?" I say shielding my eyes. 

"I don't think that would be possible." The familiar voice then said. I opened my eyes clearly now and noticed that I was in a hospital room. I focused my eyes on Drew who sat on a chair with his arms crossed over his chest. He had his leg over the knee cap of his other leg. Such a manly pose, if you asked me.

He had looked like he hadn't slept in a long time, with his bags under his eyes and chapped lips that held me with a smirk. 

"Drew?" I choked out. 

"Yes?" He answered sweetly. He then walked over to my side and sat on the edge. 

"What? I'm in a hospital—how?" I stuttered. 

"You don't remember anything?" 

"Please don't tell me that I was actually drunk and ended here?" I said remembering how Mike was forcing me to drink. I'm so lucky that I can act. Somewhat.

"No, but I'd rather be drunk then go through what you went through the other day." Drew admited.

"What?" As soon as I said those words, a doctor with clipboard came in. Drew went to sit back in his chair.  The doctor looked and familiar. He reminded me of Carlisle from Twilight with his blond hair and pale face...

"So, Layli, the last time I saw you here, you fainted from running away from some gang. How have you been?" He asked, his words spilled from his mouth like silk through fingers. I then remembered where I had known him. It was last year. 

I was running away from a few of Tiffany's gang members. They were trying to stuff Twinkies down my throat and called me some curse words words that I don't think even bad rapper's know.... I was later found on the pavement by some weird cat lady. None of Tiffiny's minions who had chased me were in sight. 

"I'm okay. How did I get in here?" I asked immediately. 

"Well, you had a concussion since Tuesday and was knocked out cold. You also had some stitches to close up that wound on your side—" 

"Tuesday? Stitches?" 

"Yes, do you remember anything from Tuesday night's incident. This young man," The doctor whose name was Rog, pointed over at Drew who turned away as our eyes made contact. "called us over to you." 

"I still don't know how and why I'm here." I confessed. 

"A really sharp object went into your side. Luckily, no organs were damaged. Your concussion was caused by the impact of when you fell on the hard, concrete ground." Rog explained. 

I looked over at Drew who put his head down. 

"How long have I been here?" I asked mostly Drew. 

"Three days." Rog answered. "You may go home this afternoon but I've been trying to call your mother to let her know about your status but she's not picking her phone. We heard that she went to Las Vegas but we don't know for sure." 

"I understand." I said softly. I never really expected for my mother to be in reach when I need her most but come on, I was in a hospital! Suffering from a concussion! 

"We don't know who else to—" 

"It's alright, doctor. She will be staying at my place." Drew finally said getting up from his seat and faced Rog. Rog then nodded his head at Drew. It took a couple minutes for Doctor Rog to check my head, stitches and anything else that I needed looked at. When he was finally done, I took my attention to Drew. 

"I'm not staying with you!" I exclaimed. 

"And why not? Afraid I'll rape you while you are asleep?" Drew said with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him and rolled my eyes. 

"No, I feel like I will have to kill myself before you do." I joked laughing. Drew did anything but laugh. His face dropped and went a little dark. A tense silence filled the air.  "Why?" 

"What?" Drew responded. 

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked. 

"I've always been nice to you." 

"Really!? You have a really nice way of showing that!" I sarcastically said in a high pitched perky voice. Drew rolled his eyes before walking to the door. 

"I'm going to go home and get your room prepared for your stay. Please, stay." 

"I'm not a dog that you can just command." 

"I'm not joking. Don't go anywhere." I nodded once to Drew before he walked out. As soon as he left, I reached, with great difficulty, for a mirror that was near by. I don't know what hospital has mirrors around but whatever. 

I look at my reflection horrified. I had bags under my eyes and my lips were really chapped. I looked like I hadn't eaten in days. If you ever saw Breaking Dawn Part 1, when Bella was pregnant with Renesmee, I looked like Bella. Pale colored with hollow cheeks and the grim reaper staring from afar.

I looked at the bandage around my head and reached down to touch my bandage on my side. I closed my eyes and tried carefully to try and remember what happened at Mike's party. Wait, it was Mike that was hosting it right? 

All I remember seeing was Tiffany and Blake dancing on the dance floor as if they were on the set of Dirty Dancing or something. 

After that, I can't remember anything.... I put down the mirror and lean back. I suddenly feel all weak and feel lonely. I stare at the space that Drew sat on before closing my eyes. 

Why was Drew even here? 

So, Layli has completely forgotten everything major basically! What do you guys think? -Rudi