Save Me: Part 7

Save Me

Part 7:

"Hi, welcome to Greenwald Bookstore." I nicely greeted customers as they walked in. I have been on repetition ever since I got here with those words. Greet customers by the desk and have a nice conversation with them while they pay for their books. 

Drew's shift starts  in a couple minutes and I haven't seen him since yesterday. But, right now I don't care. He literally told me that he hated me. Why care for the people that hate you? And who you may possibly hate as well? 

I was reading this book when I heard the bell above the door that signals that somebody came in. 

"Hi, welcome to—" I stopped my speech when I saw Drew walking over to the desk. 

"Where's my dad?" He asked not making eye contact. 

"Back." I said softly before returning to my book. I then heard Drew walking over the desk to stand by my side. He took my book and slammed it before chucking it down on the floor. 

"I don't like one worded answers." He said looking straight at me. 

"Well, I don't like bullies." I exclaimed retrieving my abused book. I look back at Drew whose face had softened a little bit. 

"What happened?" He asked, his voice sounding a little hesitant. 

"What?" 

"Your wrist and lower back. Your shirt lifted up when you—did you do that to yourself? Was it because of me—" As soon as Drew stopped talking, the bell started to jingle. Talk about being saved by the bell. I looked over Drew to greet the new customers. 

"Hi—" My speech was once again interrupted because there stood Blake. He was alone for once and strutted to the counter. 

"Hi, Layli?" My name sounded like a question on the tip of his tongue. It seemed like he didn't even know my name. I was a distant memory.

"What are you doing here?" Drew rudely asked Blake who flickered his eyes to Drew. 

"I wanted to have a conversation with Layli here. My girlfriend wanted to pass down a message. Sadly, she couldn't make it here so here I am." 

"Continue." 

"She said," Blake took out a piece of paper and put it on the table. " 'Just because you got invited doesn't mean we want you to come. Come and I'll make you fall on your still fat bum.' " 

"Wow, she can rhyme." I blurted out without even thinking. Blake's face turned all red while Drew snickered beside me. Blake then called me a nasty word before storming out. 

Tiffany may have taken away my best friend but she won't take away my pride. 

Or what's left of it.

**

Am I going over board? I look at my black dress that goes three inches above knees. I put my hair in a high pony tail and put no makeup on with the exception of mascara and concealer. I'm only going to this party to show Tiffany that she can't tear me down and Blake that he lost a good one. 

I'm not going to get drunk and have a body filled with STD's the next day. I don't even plan on eating or drinking at that party. Most of those foods have been touched by dirty hands and the drinks are spiked. 

I've watched a good hand full of teenager's movies to figure that one out. Also, in freshman year, Blake told me every thing that happens at these types of party's because had went to five in a whole week.