Chapter Twenty-One

[Third Person's Pov]

     Charlie, Demetrius and Romulus arrived at the pub on December twenty fifth for drinks meant for Charley. Every once in a while, Dimitri would take Romulus and Charley for drinks since he owned the only bar in town that coincidentally had an extra feature in it. The bar was conjoined with a strip club and was one of the few successful attempts to expand the bar.

    Demetri chuckled, "And how are you and girl going?" He looked to Romulus with a grin as he took a sip from his glass.

     Rome became quiet and put his drink down, "Don't know." He mumbled, keeping his voice down. It was barely audible since the entire bar was erupting in noise since it was Christmas.

     Charley grimaced and took a large gulp of her own drink before taking the line of the rim of her cup and squeezing the juice into her cup before mixing it with the straw.

     "What's with you?" Dimitri asked, slightly worried. His great granddaughter was upset and he could come up with a safe assumption. Charley had glanced at Romulus first, hadn't she? Had he soured her mood?

     "Romulus, did you say or do something?"

    Rome rubbed his face before his eyes, "Don't want to talk about it."

     "What did she dump you or some shit?" Charley budded in with a pout. She'd liked Elizabeth-it was up to Rome to keep her happy.

     "No." Rome answered with a sigh, "We weren't dating. She asked me out."

     "Did you say no?" Now it was Dimitri's turn.

     "I didn't say anything at all. I panicked and I-I left."

     "Without answering-no wonder-"

     Charley turned around lazily to see who was on shift before her glass slipped out of her grip and shattered on the ground. Noise and conversations blurred out as she saw who exactly the woman was and she couldn't peel her eyes away, "I think she made plans without you." She uttered.

    Dimitri and Rome both turned around to see if anything was going on with Charley. Dimitri focused on Charley and Romulus was focused on the woman. It was Elizabeth in the most lewd undergarments he'd ever seen.

     The same minute he'd looked at her, she'd noticed him. Elizabeth knew that damn trench coat and she knew the man in it. That hair she'd wanted to tangle her fingers in and the eyes she'd looked in more than her own in the past few months. She was still for about a minute, her eyes locked in his before she resumed her shift as if nothing was afoot. She did what she always did whilst attempting not to look him in the eyes again.

    Charley watched her intently as if judging her while someone swept up the glass shards and the man beside the both of them looked like he was teasing Rome for it. It was the most embarrassing and awkward thing she'd done-worse than the first time. This was the job Elizabeth loved to do yet there was nothing more she could do than act like it was normal.

    Romulus held his face in his hands turned around to Dimitri, his ears red, "What the hell is she doing here-Dimitri you recruited her? That's Elizabeth!"

    "Ah. Makes sense why she smells so familiar." He stopped himself from saying anything more; this wasn't the time or place, "I called her on shift because she's good at what she does and she's on my list."

     "Well, she sure likes to dance more than I thought." Charley took a long sip of her replaced drink whilst Rome glared at her but she grinned, watching the show, "Not my fault you two aren't together. Hell, I'd do it, if it meant more money, I'd rather be earning cash than sitting on my ass any day of the week."

     "It's not like I turned her down."

     "And this changes that? You didn't say anything. Talk to her more and get to know who she is. If you did, you wouldn't be so surprised that she's a part time stripper." She went to take another sip but there was nothing much left. Charley sighed and set it down before glancing at her feet and then the counter.

     Word Count: 741