Chapter Fifteen

Romulus shrugged his shoulders before leaning back in the leather recliner, brushing his fingers over the feel of the leather, "I'm not very sure but you could ask?"

    "And perhaps I will. But Romulus, dear?"

    "Yes?"

    "Do you think I'm too old now to notice?"

     He could feel his body go cold before he brushed it off, "You don't look a day over fifty, Ms.Percy." Rome grinned, crossing his arms.

    "I'm in my forties, dammit." Ms.Percy corrected, glaring at Romulus, "Ya damn vampire." She sighed before rubbing her temples, "You're giving me more grey hairs than my daughter ever did."

    "Better late than never, Granny. You still drinking enough water?"

    "Does tea count?" Ms.Percy snickered, pursing her lips with a sly grin.

    "No, it doesn't count."

    "Then no."

    "Are you drinking enough blood to sustain yourself or are you still refusing it?"

    Rome's eyebrows fuzzled before he looked at Ms.Percy, "I can survive on the subs-"

    "Ahem." Charley cleared her throat, "Ms.Percy, she's dressed and ready." She announced with a smile before shooting Romulus a small glare though it quickly disappeared.

    "Then let us see."

    Elizabeth walked forward from the area behind the couch to the small area in front of the recliner and couch, in view of Ms.Percy, Romulus, and Charlie to see.

    The fabrics she was wearing were blue and green and her hair cascaded down past her shoulders. Her hair, which had been in a bun earlier was now down and small braids were loose in her hair, most unnoticeable as she held her hands behind her back. She felt vulnerable like this even when there was nothing to make her feel like this. There were clothes wrapped around her body, both see-through and not. She fit right in with the bunch, the only difference being a small sun tattoo on her wrist.

    "Does it look good?" She asked, unsure if the proportions of the costume were fit to her body as she hadn't been able to look in the mirror since, unfortunately there weren't any.

    Charlie smiled at her handiwork, "She looks gorgeous, doesn't she?"

    "Absolutely tantalizing! Darling, come sit." Ms.Percy ordered, patting the seat beside her. She scooted an inch away in the couch to give Elizabeth extra room, a smile on her face, "Say dear, would you like some Chamomile Tea? It's quite nice for nerves if you're worried about dancing?"

    Elizabeth smiled warily before shaking her head, "Thank you, but I'm alright. Me and Rome went to a cafe not too long ago and if I drink it and then dance directly after, it might not end so well." She bit the inside of her cheek, unsure if she sounded rude or not.

    "It's good he's taking care of you. Right, Romulus? Doesn't she look wonderful?" Ms.Percy turned with a genuine smile to Rome who hid his head in his hands.

    He'd taken off his hat to put it on his lap since he was inside but nodded, running a hand through his hair, "Yes, Ms.Percy, Elizabeth looks lovely."

    "Elizabeth, why don't you and Charley go and dance? I'm sure it would be very fun for the other girls to teach you what they're doing. If you and Romulus come here often, it could be good for your muscles and you might even discover more job opportunities."

    Charley smiled before once again whisking away Elizabeth without a second thought and Ms.Percy turned to Rome.

    "Now, boy. Tell me what's up with you because not once have I seen you like this." She gestured towards the young man before crossing her legs.

     Romulus peeked through his hands before looking at his friend, "I uh-I don't know to be technical." He fibbed, "She's just..I'm not sure."

    "Mm. So I suppose that means Dimitri knows? Or is it Westley this time?"

    "Dimitri."

    "Poor boy, I won't pry anymore at you for now but remember what I said. Don't you get too attached unless you plan on bringing her into this world but I wouldn't suggest it. It's not smart. " Ms.Percy turned her head behind her to look at Elizabeth who was laughing with Charlie, sticking her foot out in all the wrong places before continuing, "That Elizabeth is a nice girl, but she's also a smart and a smart women is a very powerful thing."

    Work Count:722