Episode 36: Big Fat Alien Wedding

"Ack! Don't think I can take this much longer!"

Gwen and I stand there as Max struggles with Ben, "Just hold on, almost there." Max sighs. Ben grunts in pain, "Can't...breathe!" He groans, Max takes a pair of scissors from Gwen, our cheeks redden "Ben, don't give up on me now." He says, Gwen and I glance at each other awkwardly.

"Gotta get out of here...going hero." Ben says, Max grabs Ben's wrist "No, you're not," He says firmly "Save the drama, will you, please? I just need to make sure this tux fits." I fight back the urge to laugh at Ben's expression. "Better loosen that bow tie, Grandpa. Ben's brain needs all the oxygen it can get." Gwen snorts, Max loosen the tie and Ben takes a deep breath. "The only thing worse than going to a stupid, old, boring wedding is being in a stupid, old, boring wedding. Why can't they find someone else to be the ring bearer?" Ben huffs.

"It's only for one weekend. You'll live." Max chuckles, I look out the window in awe "I'm glad we're here. I've never been a flower girl before." Gwen squeals excitedly "And I'd never miss the opportunity for free cake!" I squeal with just as much excitement Gwen has, if it wasn't for the free cake I'd just teleport home. "This tuxedo is a family heirloom. It was mine when I was a kid. Then your dad wore it, and now you." Max says.

Max ruffles Ben's hair, "Oh, lucky me." Ben scoffs "Just be careful with it, please." Max says seriously as he walks away from Ben. Gwen picks up the camera on the table "Smile and say Megadweeb!" She says before snapping a picture of Ben, he tried to shield his face, but he was too late

"NOOOOOOO!"

~💚~

I walk beside Ben, looking around. "Ugh, look at this dump. Makes you wanna hurl, doesn't it?" Ben sighs "Hurl's a little much, but you're right. Personally, I would never have our wedding by a lake...but it still looks nice-ish." I state as we walk up to Max and Gwen.

"Uncle Max."

"Joel," Max says with a smile "And this must be Camille. Congratulations." "I'm so glad you're here. Maybe you can talk some sense into my parents." Joel says, frowning deeply. Oh great, and this is a wedding with family drama. "Why? What's the problem?" Max asks. "Max." A voice calls, we turn to see an older couple approaching "Betty Jean, Gordon." Max says, shaking Gordon's hand.

"Ah, Max. We're so glad you're here," Gordon says before whispering "Maybe you can talk some sense into these kids." Gwen and I shoot each other confused looks. "What's going on?" Max asks, Gordon leans on Max's shoulder "Ah, they don't know what they're doing. This whole wedding is a terrible mistake." Gordon scoffs "The whole wedding's a terrible mistake?" Max repeats, looking just as confused as Gwen and I were.

"See? Listen to your Uncle Max."

Ben and I look at Gwen, she looks back at us and shrugs. "Now, Gordon, the kids are grown-ups. Who are we to get in the way?" Another older guy asks, walking up with a lady. Camille smiles at them, "These are my parents-Mr and Mrs Mann." She states, Mrs Mann stares at us harshly, "I'm sorry we had to meet under such awkward circumstances." She states "So are we." Betty Jean and Gordon both say, staring harshly too.

The Tennyson family is weird...

There was some awkward silence, Camille's and Joel's parents walk off in different directions. Max rubs the back of his neck awkwardly "Geez." I sigh, feeling the tenseness in the air "Maybe this won't be so boring after all." Ben chuckles, grinning widely.