Episode 35: Don't Drink the Water

DISCLAIMER: Because some of our main characters turn into four year olds, most of their interactions are written to be strictly platonic. Even though they are together romantically...I don't wanna write 4 year olds being romantic...when I was 4, I was too busy watching cartoons and figuring out how much the real world sucks. I have standards. So all interactions between little Ben and Y/N will be platonic.

"-Don Juan Ponce De Leon arrived with Christopher Columbus on the adventurous second voyage to America in 1493," The tour guide says as we follow behind him "While in Spain, De Leon heard stories of the Fountain of Youth and made it his mission to find it. He located this steam here in Saint Augustine, Florida. However, he never found the fountain." The tour guide continues to walk. "What I want to know is where is the Fountain of Soda?" Ben jokes, I laugh quietly "Show some respect. You're in the oldest city in North America." Gwen scolds.

"You can read it in this text. De Leon's description of his discovery." The tour guide states, Max walks up to read it. He sighs and pulls out reading glasses "Now, why do the words always have to be so darn small?" He huffs "Well, if you can't read the words, Grandpa, maybe we should get you a magnifying glass or a big telescope." Ben laughs. Max walk away from the text, Gwen glares at Ben "What? What did I say?" Ben asks, shooting me a confused look.

We walk towards a fountain, "The one thing about old people is they don't want to be reminded they're old." Gwen says, Ben takes a seat on the fountain. I glance at Max, why the h*ll is he acting old now? I plop down beside Ben, "I wouldn't worry about Grandpa getting mad at me saying stuff like that." Ben hums, dipping his hand in the water. Gwen rolls her eyes "And why is that?" She asks "Cuz, he can't hear me over your nagging!" He tease, pulling a water gun out of the water "I got you beat." Ben says with a wide grin.

"I heard that."

We all turn to Max, "What do you mean I have lead feet?" He asks. "Told ya." Ben states, shooting the water in Gwen's face. She groans and glares at him, "N/N, run!" Ben laughs. The two of us run off with Gwen right behind us, we run past Max. "I can still catch you 3!" He chuckles, Ben and I run towards the fair.

Ben grabs my hand and we duck behind a stand. We quietly look back, Gwen was nowhere to be seen. I turn-Gwen smushes cotton candy in both our faces "Gotcha!" Gwen laughs "Jokes on you, free cotton candy." I snort, eating what was on my face. Max runs up, panting harshly "Are you alright?" Gwen asks "Oh, yeah, fine. Must be the Florida heat and humidity." Max sighs, fanning himself a little.

"They say older people need to stay indoors in the summer. You should probably go in the Rust Bucket and cool off." Ben states with a lazily smile "Who are you calling old?" Max asks "Benji meant... 'age-challenged'...." I state, Gwen nods. Max looks around, "I see another way to cool off." Max says, walking over to a dunk tank, we follow him. "One ticket, please." Max says.

The guy manning the booth looks at Max, "Sorry, this booth is out of order." He says, Max studies it. "Oh. It looks fine to me." Max states before whispering something to the guy. Max hands him some money and climbs into the booth. The guy sighs and picks up 3 balls, "Just one toss each." He tells us. Ben was the first one, he throws the ball-and misses. Max shrug with a smirk, Gwen goes next. She grunts as she tosses the ball.

She misses too, I was about go next-"You all must go, now!" The guy says. I pause and we all look at him, "Dude, it's three strikes and you're out-not two." Ben says, motioning for me to take my turn. I take a deep breath before throwing the ball, it collides with the button, making Max go falling into the water "Yes!" I cheer "Not bad, N/N." Ben says proudly.