02.

A/N: Am I the only one who thinks Leon looks like Aaron Taylor Johnson? Also, I'm a marvel fan FYI and the amount of titles we just got is fucking mind-blowing. - July 2022.

IT WAS dark outside and we were having a party downstairs. The team, without me 'cause I didn't wanna, had gone out street racing before and came back, but Dom hadn't. Letty said that the cops came and they scrambled. I heard that Brian showed up and had almost beat my brother, it surprised me, to be honest.

I was in Mia's room, and she was talking to me about boys out of all things. "So, no one's got your heart right now?" She asked.

"You're seriously askin' me that, Mia?" I chuckled, sitting cross-legged on her bed with her doing the same.

"Yes, Toni! I'm curious." She laughed, "Come on!"

"No, I don't, Mi." I rolled my eyes, partially lying. Brian wasn't the worst-looking guy...

"What about... Brian? You're always talkin' to him when he comes by the shop." Mia quirked a brow with a smirk. I stayed quiet, looking down. "Oh, my god, Tonya!"

"Be quiet! There are people downstairs." I shushed her, putting a hand over her mouth. Suddenly, we heard voices outside.

"Yo, Spilner!" I heard Dom yell as I stood up and looked out the window. "You want a beer?"

"Yeah, sure." He nodded.

"Speak of the Blondie." I chuckled quietly, turning around and looking at Mia. "I'm goin' downstairs, I wanna see Dom."

"Sure, you do." She grinned knowing that was a lie too.

"Whatever, Mia." I rolled my eyes, leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I walked into the entrance room after talking with Dom and then some friends, seeing Leon, Jesse and Vince staring at Brian. "Did you wipe the seat?" Vince asked, about to attack him again.

"Jesus, Vince, would you stop already? You fucking idiot." I stepped in between the pair, pushing Vince away. "Come on, Goldie."

"Aw, come on, man. We were just about to get along." Leon groaned fakely.

"Yeah," Jesse added.

"Cut the crap, Leon." I scoffed, going to the kitchen. I went over to the table with the drinks, grabbing a beer. I turned around, joining Brian who was against the cabinet. "You know, Dom kinda likes you. He really doesn't like anybody."

"Yeah, he's a complicated guy, hopefully, you'll be easier."

"And how 'bout you? Heard you almost beat my brother in a race." I giggled, looking up at him.

"I'm simple." He shrugged and as I stood beside him, he threw an arm around my shoulders.

"You lie like shit." I scoffed, shaking my head and taking a sip of my drink.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment." Brian smiled, our faces close together.

"There's an obvious problem though." I chuckled, cupping his jaw and rubbing his cheekbone.

"What's that?" He grinned, looking into my eyes deeply.

"You need a shower, sweetheart. Come on, I'll drive you home."

── · .゚☆: NEXT DAY :☆゚. · ──

I was in the garage with the team, wearing a cropped tank top and dark green cargo pants with chains and shit. I was with Letty, examining some parts as some beat-up red car was backed up and Brian showed up. I put down what I was holding, stepping forward with the rest of the team.

"Brian, what the hell is that?" I chuckled, pointing at it as Jesse went over to check it out.

"What do you got there?" Dom asked, looking at the thing.

"This is your car." Blondie gestured.

"My car?" Dom pointed to himself. "I said a 10-second car, not a 10-minute car."

"You could push this across the finish line, or tow it." Jesse suggested after hitting the side and we laughed.

"Couldn't even tow that across the line." My brother scoffed, leaning on the wall.

Brian glanced at me with his blue eyes before pointing out, "No faith."

"Oh, I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard. This is a garage." Dom reminded him, gesturing to the 'car'.

"Hey, pop the hood."

"Pop the hood?"

"Pop the hood."

We had brought the car inside the garage, popping open the hood.

"What you seein', Jesse?" I questioned, standing beside Dom with Brian on his other side.

"I'm seein' two J.Z. engine... No shit." Jesse replied, poking around.

"And what did I tell you?" Blondie scoffed.

"I retract my previous statement." My brother nods his head.

"You know what? This will decimate all after you put about 15 grand in it, or more, if we have to overnight parts from Japan." Jess informed us.

"We'll put it on my tab at Harry's." Dom shrugged, making up a quick plan.

"Yes!"

"I gotta get you racing again, so I can make some money off your ass." He pointed a crowbar at him. "There's a show, down in the desert, called Race Wars, and that's where you'll do it. I'll tell you what. When you're not workin' at Harry's, you're workin' here. If you can't find the right tool in this garage, Mr. Arizona, you don't belong near a car."

Dom walked out, and I chuckled, stepping closer to Brian. "You know, he owns you now, Goldie Locks?"

He stared at me with a look of interest and a smirk. I held his jaw, kissed his cheek and went off to follow my brother.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

We had gotten the parts for the car and everyone was on a break for now. I was talking with Letty and Mia when I noticed that Brian had gone outside. "I'll see you, girls, later."

"All right, see ya, Toni." Letty said, sunglasses on the top of her head.

I nodded, walking out the garage door and turning left. I saw Brian leaning on the wall, eyes closed. "Hey, Blondie, whatcha doin'?"

"Hey, I'm takin' a breather." He looked over as my figure walked towards him. I stopped in my spot, and he threw his arm around me again.

"Mhm, where did you even find that car?" I chuckled, staring up at him.

"Well, that's a secret..." Brian hummed, tilting his head down to me.

"Yeah, you're way simpler than my brother." I rolled my eyes, intertwining my fingers with his hand that was over my shoulders.

"What? Come on, Toni." He grinned, kissing my temple.

"Fine, I'll let it go." I sighed, a smirk making its way onto my face.