2 - I HEARD A RUMOUR

GOSSIP GIRL
CHAPTER TWO

KARMA CAME FOR QUINN IN THE FORM OF A EXCRUCIATING HANGOVER

KARMA CAME FOR QUINN IN THE FORM OF A EXCRUCIATING HANGOVER. It felt is if tiny builders had crawled into her ear, up to her brain and powered a jackhammer against her skull. Regret tasted like eight dollar peach schnapps and residual vomit. Regret didn't taste so good. Quinn moaned in pain as the sun punched her with it's bright yellow fist. She didn't know how she had made it to her own bed. She couldn't remember anything after Elliott broke up with their make out session and fled the room. Quinn wasn't sure what happened after that or how she got home but she is was so glad that she was.

Quinn dragged herself from her bed in sluggish moments. Her balance was still off and she stumbled left and right into walls as she tried to walk downstairs. She reached her kitchen with maximum effort. Her hands immediately went to the second drawer of the counter as if she had done this many times before. She popped some aspirin in her mouth and washed it down with a glass of water.

"Good morning, miele." Quinn's mother, Ludovica, sat at the dining room table. Her reading glasses sat on the edge of her nose as she swiped through her iPad as she read the Italian news like she did every morning.

"Morning, mamma." The blonde croaked out, her voice still tough from the alcohol. Ludovica wasn't blind to her daughter's drinking. The same way she wasn't unaware when her other children used to drink. However she wasn't one to step in front of a child's learning experience. Quinn never expected her mother to interfere with her drinking. It was a miracle if she interfered with anything. Ludovica had barely paid any attention to her youngest daughter since Emma and Davis left.

Emma was the oldest of the Sorrentino children and her and Quinn barely got along, even as kids. There was an eight year difference so they never had an opportunity to be that close. When Emma graduated and went to live her own life, the two only saw each other at weddings and funerals.

Davis was only four years older than Quinn. Even with an equal distance between his two siblings, he was far closer to Emma than Quinn. At lot of the time Quinn felt like an only child and sometimes described herself that way to people. She didn't have siblings, she had acquaintances.

On any other day, Quinn would've chosen to skip school. However she knew today was the day they announced the next show and Quinn wanted to be there when it happened. She grabbed a slice of toast and went upstairs to change. She was late when Dominique honked outside her home. She honked four times before Quinn came rushing out the door. Everyone was waiting for her.

They got to school just as the bell rang. They said goodbye to each other before going their separate ways. Quinn spent first period English on her own. She had zero classes with Layla. She only had Biology with Florence and Math and History with Dominique. Sandy was in basically all her classes but English. It wasn't until lunch that she saw all of them together.