1 - BLINDSIDED

GOSSIP GIRL
CHAPTER ONE

QUINN SORRENTINO HATED FOOTBALL

QUINN SORRENTINO HATED FOOTBALL. Say what you want but she didn't see the point of men asserting their masculinity by tackling each other to the ground. Many people would say it was because she was a girl. Or because she was rich or stupid. On the contrary, Quinn loved basketball. The game was simple. Defend the ball, take the ball, score a point. Football on the other hand, Quinn didn't understand what made a point or why a game called football had a severe lack of feet usage. Manly the reason she hated it was because of the boys that played it. They were all the same. Self-absorbent, moronic incels. Maybe she just hated high school football.

Nevertheless, she was still at a football game. Tonight was the end of season which meant that it was the final big game before championships. So the whole school was counting on this game to land them qualifiers. Quinn didn't care for any of it but if there was one thing her school cherished it was the football team. It was an important game for, well, everyone. The reason that Quinn ended up at the game was the party that was supposed to follow after. Win or lose, the team were throwing a massive party at Harry Clarke's house. Quinn's friends insisted that they attend the game for moral support which actually meant that they wanted to see the boys. Begrudgingly, she agreed to come along.

From what Quinn could deduce from the game, the teams were drawing. She thinks. This entire game was relying on the team's quarterback, Conrad Fisher and if you could see his eyes through his helmet, you would see he knew. He was aware of how much pressure he was carrying on his shoulders. Usually he didn't let it show but with the mask, he couldn't pretend that he was scared. Everyone was counting on him.

Quinn couldn't tell you what was happening other than the timer was ending and so far no one was winning. All it took was one more touchdown in the next fifteen seconds and they'd be going to the championships. Everyone's eyes were on Conrad. Even Quinn's. The whistle blew and Conrad bolted like Forrest Gump. He ran across the field as the ball threw through the air. His teammates tackled their opponents as he dashed towards the end zone. Five, four, three, two, one. He made it. Slamming the football onto grass. The audience shot into the air, cheering and clapping and hugging one another. They were going to the championships.

Conrad stripped of his helmet and shook his hair of sweat. Screams came from the stands as he revealed his perfectly chiselled face. Quinn couldn't lie. Conrad was attractive. Too bad his personality tipped the scales a bit too much for her liking. Conrad Fisher thought he was better than everyone else. He pretended like he didn't care about how much everyone thought of him while at the same time feeding their perception of him. Quinn found him completely insufferable. Luckily, they never hung out in the same crowds.

Quinn's best friend, Sandy -- the instigator of attending the game -- ran towards the field. Her boyfriend was already walking towards her when she jumped into his arms with a squeal. The two embraced each other quite grossly, swapping saliva with Sandy's legs wrapped around his waist. The two separated and began walking towards Quinn.