The Bathtub

I am sitting there feeling a lot better, but who happens to enter my mother, and right behind her is Chief Hopper, oh this is going to be peachy, "Hey. Jonathan? Jesus, what.....what happened?" Mom questions what has happened to my twin brothers' faces as I stand by my brother for me to look at Mom, knowing we are in big trouble. I know it from the look on my mother's face, and it is a scary look. Callahan then stands up next to me as I find no time for the gentleman at all; he irritates me so much because he is not a good cop, "Ma'am", he says for me to look at the chief who is watching us right now from afar, "I'm fine." Jonathan answers as I nod at that while watching my mother with me biting my tongue from not saying anything at all, "Why is he wearing handcuffs?" Mom questions for me to gulp in, looking at the police officer next to me, knowing the reason, and it is silly because he didn't mean to assault him. It was by accident while he was trying to beat up Steve; I wonder how he is still fairing. 

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." Callahan explains as I scoff at those words rolling my eyes to the ground with Mom looking at me a little on that and then back to Callahan, "Take them off." Mom orders as I smile a little, looking at Callahan then because she is quite a strong woman when she wants to be, "I am afraid I cannot do that." he answers for me to raise my eyebrows at those words. Why not "Take them off!" Mom then yells, knowing where I get my short temper from, and it is not from my deadbeat of a father who was never there for me, "You heard her. Take 'em off." Hopper demands as I nod in agreement on taking the bloody handcuffs off my twin because they are not needed now, "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." Powell then pipes in for me to look at him with wonder on what he is referring to for me to gulp in, knowing it has something to do with the weapons in the car, I suppose making me gulp in, putting a hand on my brother's shoulder to squeeze it. 

The police officers left us there for me to have my mother stand by me as I gulped in, knowing she was pissed off. I can see that as she is flaring her nostrils, "Mom, I can explain....." I was trying to form the sentence, but Mom would not have it at all, "not another word, Rebecca, or you are in more trouble, so not another word", she hisses out for me to shut up, making me look at the ground and peeking at Nance who looks at me knowing that mom is pissed off to no end with Jonathan and myself at this point. The box is put on the desk for Mom to look in with shock and horror on her features at what we bought and kept in Jonathan's car, "What is this?" Mom questions as I close my eyes, knowing we are dead not from the creature or bullying but from my mother, who will kill us all for what was found, "Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." Hopper says as I open my eyes looking at him; I thought he was on our side; what the hell, man, and why was he with Mom in the first place when they entered the premises? 

"What?" Mom questions as I glare at the chief of police here in Hawkins, double-crosser, "Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan answers for me to pinch him on that, knowing that is not what you say, idiot, "Is that really the question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you in my office." Hopper says to plan to walk away for me to gulp in as Jonathan then jumps in on that; what an idiot, "You won't believe me." Jonathan answers as I watch them closely. The chief then comes back, looking at my brother with narrowed eyes, "Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper says softly for me to gulp, knowing he knows something about this but what? We are sitting in Hopper's office as Jonathan has had the cuffs removed. Nance, Jonathan and I sit across from Mom, looking at the picture that Jonathan took for her to sigh, then handing it to Hopper so he can look at the creature in the photo, knowing it is not a person by how tall it is. 

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper then questions as I gulp in as pick at my fingernail while sitting there, nervous about what is happening here. It feels like an interrogation, "We don't know." Jonathan answers as I look at the ground, ashamed for my mom finding out this way, "It's just a theory." Nance says as I look up at Mom, seeing the face that means we are in some trouble. The Byers then excuse ourselves as we leave the office to stand in a hallway to talk with Mom. I fidget in the spot, moving my feet a little as I look at them and peek at Mom as we begin to speak, "I'm sorry, Mom." Jonathan and I then say as she looks at us while I am standing there holding my hands tightly in front of myself as I play with my bracelet in my hand, " What, you're sorry? You're....you're sorry? That is not good enough, Jonathan, Rebecca." Mom says as I close my eyes, not wanting her to be mad at us. We were trying to keep her safe from harm because of Will, "I know." Jonathan and I say it together again, knowing it's a twin thing, the jinxing while talking.