The Body

I stand beside Mum outside the house with Jonathan as Hopper and Cal are inside checking on what Mum said; she described it as something coming out of the wall, with me wondering what the hell came out of the wall at that time. After they searched the house for a thing that came out of the wall, which wasn't there at all, we came back inside to speak with Hopper about what happened to Will with Jonathan gripping my hand tightly in his as we stood there with Hopper explaining it to mum, "A trooper found something in the, uh water that's at the quarry. Our working theory right now is that Will crashed his bike; he made his way over the quarry and, uh, accidentally fell in. The earth must have given way." Hopper was explaining for me to cover my mouth for tears to fall freely down my face as I learn about what has happened to my brother and for me to look at Mum, who seems out of it now. 

"Joyce? Joyce? Do you understand what I'm saying?" Hopper questions as I watch them, with Jonathan gripping me tighter, knowing that if I am not held up, I might fall with the news about my brother being gone from our lives. He is never coming back, "No." Mom answers as I watch her with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks; what does she mean by no at the moment, "Whoever you found is not my boy. It's not Will." Mom says as I sob into my hand, not knowing if she understands at all at the moment, "Joyce." Hopper says as I close my eyes as Jonathan cries into my shoulder, I then open my eyes, looking at Mum with sadness, knowing she is not coming to grips with the fact that Will is gone, "No, you don't understand. I talked to him a half hour ago. He was...He was here. He was....He was talking with these." mum explains going to the hidden nock to pull out some Christmas lights with me stroking Jonathan's hair with all the anger from before going away knowing that my little brother is gone. It hurts in my heart that he is gone, and I know my brother is also upset about it. 

We must comfort each other in these times because it will be hard for us, "Talking?" Hopper questions as I watch their conversation while hugging my brother tightly, knowing he is distressed at the moment, "Uh-huh. One blink for yes, two for no. And.....And, uh And then I made this so he could talk to me." mum explains indicating the Christmas light alphabet in our living room which is she must have done while I was staying at the Wheeler's, "'Cause he was hiding from that thing." mum explains for me to gulp in knowing she sounds crazy right now, "The thing that came out of the wall? The thing that chased you?" Hopper questions as I step forward, looking at Mum with sadness in my watery blue eyes from crying so much in the past hour, "Yeah. Yeah." Mum says as I bite my lip, my voice sore from crying too much. 

but I force it to say something now, "Mom, come on, please look at me." I get out as she looks at me to grab my hands as I hold them tightly in my own, "You've gotta stop this. please." I sob out in a sore voice as I am going to stroke her hair away, but she pulls away; she needs to know that Will is dead now, and we have to get ready for the funeral and not believe that monsters are coming out of walls at this point, "No, maybe he's....It's after him! He's in danger. We have to find him! We..." mum was getting out as she then grabs Hopper's hands knowing she is distraught at the moment because we lost Will, "What exactly was this thing? It was some kind of animal, you said?" Hopper asks as I look at him and then back to my mother, wanting her to stop now because she is increasingly hurting Jonathan with her words. 

"Uh, no, it was.....It was almost human, but it wasn't. It...It had these long arms, and it didn't have a face." Mum says as I look at her with wonder, knowing it sounds like something from Will's board game that he plays with his friends. Jonathan then looks like he will bawl for him to rush away. I look at Mum with sadness as I leave after Jonathan knowing I need to comfort my twin. I knock on his door lightly as I hear him crying in there, making me gulp and grab the doorknob to twist it open; stepping in and see my brother crying near his bed and stereo for me to move over there slowly, "Johnny",, I sob out as he then looks up at me a little on that with tears covering his face, "can I....can I sit" I get out as he nods on that as I sit beside him as he wraps an arm around me for me to cry into his shoulder with him joining in as we stay like that never wanting to let go of the feeling that Will is gone now. He is never coming back for me to hold onto Jonathan's shirt tighter with him stroking my hair away from my face so it doesn't get mattered in tears. We then fell asleep on his bed while listening to music that Will loved to listen to, with me not wishing to let my twin go at this point in time because I lost Will, but I will not be losing Jonathan at all.