Chapter Six - Classes are Cheese Puffs

I woke up to the sound of Lily's lovely voice. Note my sarcasm. She screamed loudly that my pink sparkly tutu was on fire. It was five minutes before I even realized that I did not have a pink sparkly tutu. She laughed the whole fifteen minutes I was in the shower and continued to laugh as we made our way down to breakfast. I was quite surprised to see that James had already asked Lily out, she only then stopped laughing to yell and say no to him. I think that is when I started laughing at her. It was a long laugh filled morning.

After breakfast (I had waffles and pancakes!) I was handed my schedule. It was pretty sucky. I didn't even have defense today, which is my favourite class. So I, to say the least, was not in any way, a happy camper. I have no idea why I used that saying, it confuses me. Are there happy campers? I mean you spend your time in a tent possibly sleeping on the ground and eating horrible food. Not my idea of a good time, it might be yours but this story is about me. Not Kimmy.

"Alex your scowling at the ground again." Remus told me chuckling, I being the mature person I am stuck my tongue out at him causing him to raise his eye brows. "Really?"

"Shut it Rem, come on Lily we can walk to potions together." Yes, I had potions first with possibly the teacher (which I had heard a lot of horrible things about) that favours people and judges you for who your parents are. Remus is still somehow one of his favourites even though our mother is a muggle baker and our father works with magical animals. Real exciting, well actually it is, though it isn't what I would want to do for a career.

Me and Lily speed off to the dungeons (yes they actually have classes down there and dorms, if this were muggle life I think a law suit or something would have been filled against the school.)

We got to class a little early so Lily showed me around. "That is the teachers desk, that is the store cabinet, that's where we sit." She said quickly spinning in a circle, I laughed and sat next to her near the back of the room, apparently she is like Slughorn's favourite student... I feel bad for her.

It was another five minutes until the rest of the class showed up. Hurray we have this class with Slythrin, and that is where Lily's friend is... Snivelus? Snively? Something like that, he and I met of the train... his hair was really greasy and his nose... well it was like slimy or something... gross. I didn't tell Lily what I thought of coarse, but it seemed that James and Sirius shared my opinion. She yelled at them for saying it.

It was two minutes later when Slughorn showed up. He reminded me of Santa. A potbelly stomach and overly rosy cheeks. I think if he had a beard, well he and Saint Nicolas would be twins.

"Ah!" He said suddenly and very loudly, it made me jump almost a foot in the air. As I was the only one to react that way, well it brought some unwanted attention onto me.

"Ah!, you must be miss Lupin, Alexandra correct?" He asked me, I almost vomited, I had never hated someone calling me my full name that much.

"Alex." I said faking sweetness, I could tell that Lily was trying not to laugh beside me.

"Well class why don't we welcome Alexandra to the school." He said, I almost scowled as I corrected him.

"Alex." I repeated, "My name is Alex."

"Sir." He added, and I admit at that point I decided to push his buttons just a little bit.

"There is no need to be to formal with me professor, and I am a girl so it would be mam'." I said smiling, well it was more of a smirk then anything. His face turned bright red, it was quite amusing.

"Five points from Gryffindor." He said, I shrugged my shoulders and smiled a little more. I turned back and James and Sirius were silently applauding me, I did a small bow when old Sluggy's back was turned. Remus was shaking his head but still smiling.