Lies, Secrets and Surprises... Oh my! - Chapter Eleven

A week later, Christmas morning I awoke very early. The moon still light up the sky and I was filled with joy. My first Christmas at Hogwarts! I rushed out of my room and to my brother and Sirius's. Of coarse they were still fast asleep so I let out a blood curdling scream waking them. 

"Allie!" They said together, first out of panic and then out of annoyance. It took a moment before they remembered that it was Christmas. We rushed together to the common room where our presents sat under a tree. We sat together smiling and taking in the stunning view. There may be nothing as beautiful as a Hogwarts Christmas. 

"Happy Christmas." I said to Sirius when Remus was not looking, he still was unaware of my and Sirius's relationship... something that was eating away at me. I told my brother everything. A gift was passed to me by said brother and I sent him a smile.

"You go first." He told me, I gave him a quick hug and tore off the wrapping paper. It covered an old box, I lifted the lid to see a note... it was the first thing I noticed so I took it and opened the envelope. 

'Dearest Alexandra,

You do not know me but I know of you. Everyone knows of you. You are a big part of the future, and if you are reading this you are fifteen years old and you have survived so far. It was all because of one choice you made. This choice will forever change your powers... be warned. You have locked your future. Even odder things are about to happen to you dear. Weirder then what happened to me or any of my children. It was my job to have one daughter... but she would be a squib. A squib who would marry a muggle and forever forget the magic life. Their daughter Hope would be a muggle, but she would bring back the magic in our family. 

You have a job to... and yours is to cope. To fight this war and bring what ever side you choose the power they need to survive. You will be faced with difficult decision. Right or wrong they are the same for you right now. I hope that you chose wisely Alexandra. I hope you can save our future. In this book is the diary of your ancestors. It would continue on forever. Read or write in it as you chose... it will help you do your job. It will help you cope. It was a pleasure being able to even know about you dear. By the time you read this I will long be dead... you might not even think of me until you need to help young miss Rosanna Black, she is the one you need to pass the book on. She will know from there. I think you have the Hope I am looking for. I think you are the one.

Raven Howell.'

I turned over the paper, and two letters stood out boldly. 'Burn Me.' I tossed the paper into the fire and looked at the old book. It looked ancient. I closed the box after they both got a quick peek. I looked to Remus, "A diary from gran." I said, it was not exactly a lie... just not a hundred percent the truth. Remus was next to open a present... it was one of dads old leather jackets. The one Remus used to put on all the time when we were younger, I giggled at him as he put it on. It now fit perfectly.

Sirius then opened his gift from James, a collar... I fear what I will receive from my brothers friend (if I get anything at all). I put it on him right away and almost chocked on laughter when I saw the tag on it. 

Padfoot

If found please contact his owner, Alexandra Lupin of the Gryffindor house.

Sirius laughed when he read it as well, but my brother just gave us weird looks. I think he suspected us... but he had no proof yet. I was passed another gift, this one from my mum. I opened it to see a very girly, sparkly, stunning, red dress. I lifted it up out of the box and held it up to my body. It fell above my knees. I grabbed the note that fell to the ground I took the dress out.

'Allie,

With your looks it wont be long till you catch yourself a Hogwarts boy... so I bought you this. Of coarse your father does not know, he would have a fit. No one can let his baby girl grow up after all... but I see you know as the young woman you are. I think you would look amazing in this dress (get your friend Lily to curl your hair!)