Chapter Five - The Sorting Hat's and the Tapioca Pudding

The train lurched to a stop in the Hogsmeade station and the train was a buzz with excitement. I will admit I was one of the more excited, I was going to Hogwarts after fifteen years of wishing though... and I just knew something amazing would happen while I was here, something life changing even... maybe even more life changing then that full moon when I was four years old and Greyback messed up not only my brothers future, but my own and my parents. Some people don't realize that it isn't only the werewolf who is effected when they are transformed.

I felt a tug on my arm and smiled at my brother. He had left my compartment after he called me Alexandra, which was probably a good thing as I hate it when people, other then you know professors and stuff, call me Alexandra. Only my father in my family calls me that. No one questions it, well Remus some times does but he then gives up and reads some big book. He has a lot of big books, but I have to admit I do to, me and Remus are a lot alike in the whole reading sense.

"Come on Allie, we can't be late for the feast you need to be sorted." My brother said, I nodded and dashed after him, which was quite funny as I am a horrible runner. This is great. The first memory people will have of me here will be of my horrid running, and all because of my brother. Some days I really hate that boy, but then he gives me chocolate and I forgive him. Chocolate is the way to a Lupin's heart, or at least that is what my mother says. She's a brilliant woman. Why? Because she gives me chocolate.

I got into a carriage and gasped. I could see the thestrals. Why is this a gasp worthy of my merlin moment? I have never seen someone die, so I had no clue why I saw these creatures, well it may have something to do with my powers, something that is in my blood, from my mothers side, her great grandmother, who was a witch, had them, her daughter was a squib, then her daughter was a muggle, and her daughter was a muggle and then there was me, a witch and the first of my family in several generations to have the powers, which I admit is quite awesome.

It was only brought to my attention halfway through the carriage ride that I probably should have gone to the school on the boats with the rest of the new students. It was Potter who realized this, and I was in a carriage with Remus. I sometimes wonder what my brother is thinking about when he isn't being a genius, and sadly those none genius moments normally come when I need them most. Like half a carriage ride ago. It is also a good thing he did not remember though, I HATE boats. I do not put any sort of trust into them. None at all.

"So Remmy, what do I do?" I asked concerned. It had donned on me awhile ago that I was really going to Hogwarts, it however, had just donned on me that I am going to Hogwarts. I will be totally lost here, I know practically no one, and the friends I have made, well they are all in Gryffindor... so if I am not in Gryffindor, well I will be left friendless. That's just peachy. My word of the day, my least favourite fruit...

"Stop panicking Al, you will be fine, McGonagal will sort you out just fine." He told me, I found it weird that sometimes people who have shortened my name to Alex, shorten it to Allie, who then shorten it to Al. I guess it makes my life extra confusing. I would laugh if they called Alex Lupin and they all thought I was a guy or something. That would be funny, because as much as I hate to admit it, I am fairly attractive, and why do I hate to admit this? Because when boys, and girls see me, well they all think I am just some bubbly blonde, which I am not.

The castle came into view not long after that and it took my breath away. Remus had told me all about it, shown me pictures and told funny stories, but well, nothing compared to seeing it right now. It was truly amazing. A magic all on its own, even more powerful then the magic of music. I do not know why that thought just came into my mind, I think the most powerful magic there is, well its something most of us already have. Love.

I had long since tuned out Potter, Black and Pettigrew, not that Pettigrew spoke much. He was sort of a creepy silent guy that gave me the hibgibis. I knew they were either talking about me, pranking, or something stupid I didn't care about. I am sort of confused to why I have such a dislike to my brothers best friends, the ones who accepted him when he was in need of a friend. I think I will attempt to get along with this gits for the sake of my brother, who believe it or not has put up with the annoyingness of my ex-best friends. He has done more then I think I will ever be able to do for him...