Chapter Twelve - Jumpy

I had been jumpy ever since what the teachers had called the accident... and what I called the day my life would forever change. I knew the future of my friends. Of people I loved... and I knew that I couldn't tell them. It would change everything... and I also knew there was no hope of me changing what would happen.

I lived in constant fear of getting another vision... and it has been a good month and a half since the last one. The first one. I was distant. I didn't like body contact... I was scared that it would trigger another vision... and that is why I was so unprepared for the visions that would come in my sleep.

I had been having a nice dream. Mum was dancing with me, and I was only a child... but everything suddenly changed... and curses were being thrown everywhere.

I had a view from above... like I wasn't actually there... just watching... I could hardly recognize anyone I saw... but one that stood out was a boy, one who looked to be of age, who looked just like James had... apart from the eyes. He had Lily's eyes.

He was running... with two others... one, a girl with bushy hair and the other with red hair. All of them looked so broken... drained... I wanted to save them from this but I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. I could only watch. I could only witness what was happening.

Two girls lay dead next to each other... and it took me a moment to realize who they were... or what they were... they were  my daughters... they were dead... the pain in my gut grew larger...

'Only Rosanna can save them..." A voice whispered throughout the dream, and I could tell this voice did not belong here...

My view had suddenly changed. A man stood below, holding the hand of a woman several years younger then him. It took me a moment to realize who this man was. Remus. My brother. He looked to the woman next to him... and the look they exchanged made me want to cry... it was a look of defeat. The look of someone who had given up...

I woke up screaming as the curse made contact with his chest. My body was shaking... but I managed to run out of my dorm room before any of my dorm mates could ask if I was okay. I wasn't. I just saw my brother. My twin. My best friend die.

I barged into the dorm room of my brother and his friends. They woke with a start, but I did not care. I ran straight to my brothers arms. I suddenly realized how short life really was. I was no longer afraid of one thing. He needed to know.

"Remmy, I'm in love with Sirius." I told him, my breath hitched and voice shock as I waited for his reaction. I got a laugh in return.

"I know Allie. I know." He whispered into my hair, and we slowly fell asleep, me in Remus's bed with him. There was no way I was leaving him right now.

By the end of that week everyone knew about me and Sirius's relationship. Some were happy for us, as they could tell that we had real feelings for each other, while others were insanely jealous. Those who were jealous were usually Sirius's past hook ups, and I believe they were only so jealous because they knew that this was something that would last. I knew it would last, but I didn't like that I knew that.

"Your being so quite Allie." Sirius commented on one of our many dates. We were sat on a rock by the Black Lake. Spring was just coming now, and the weather was finally starting to warm up once again... though I was still huddled up in my jacket along with Sirius's leather one.

We had been dating for about three months... but time didn't matter with us. We were more then just a couple. We were best friends, well next to James and Remus, who held a bond with us like no other. "I've been thinking." I said quietly, Sirius looked slightly panicked, "Nothing bad, just about things that need to be said..."