Chapter 3: The plan

All the riders looked at the map spread out on the table. 'He picked a spot in the middle of nowhere. Nice long flight to tire out your dragon.' Astrid pointed at the island Viggo picked to talk.

Snotlout fake laughed. 'Hahaha, trap. That's definitely a trap.'

'Hiccup, he just wants you there alone so his men can ambush you.' Astrid tried to reason with him.

'No. That's not his style. Besides, this might be the only way to get Toothless back. I have to at least try it. I'm going!'

And so it came that two dragons were flying through the sky to meet with Viggo Grimborn. Hiccup, once again, flew with Astrid and they were accompanied by Heather and Windshear.

'He's in an open field. Easy to pick up.' Heather pointed out. But hiccup shook his head. 'No, he might not talk then. Drop me off, Astrid.'

'Sure?'

'Sure.'

They tried to land behind him at first but realized he was in a field filled with blue oleander so they landed a bit farther away.

'Don't do anything unless he attacks or I say so.'

Hiccup walked up to Viggo who was staring at his maces and talons board. 'I think you're missing a piece.' Hiccup announced while placing the missing piece on the board.

Viggo smirked and looked up at him. 'You came, I'm surprised.'

Hiccup walked around him to face him. 'No you're not. Otherwise you wouldn't be sitting in a field filled with deathly poisoning flowers to dragons. Now tell me where Toothless is!'

'Oh Hiccup. You are a worthy opponent. You have cost me quite some dragons. So I'm offering you a truce with very generous terms.' Viggo placed a map in front of them with a red line. 'You and your riders stay south on this line and I stay here with my hunters. We never have to fight again. Hiccup, I'm not unreasonable. I have no desire to rule the world like... some others. I'm a businessman, and fighting is bad for business.'

'You're avoiding my question. Where is Toothless? And imagine I would accept, what would happen with the dragon eye.'

'I'm afraid that's no part of the deal. Hiccup, I'm offering you the chance to save every dragon life below this line, not to mention those of your fellow riders. I am willing to memorialize this deal now and end the bloodshed. Are you?'

Hiccup looked down at the map with Viggo's signature on it and slammed his fists down. 'NO Viggo. No I'm not! I want my dragon back so where is he!?'

Viggo calmly stood up. 'I'm afraid even I don't know that. I know that my dear little sister took him so let's make a deal. You'll consider my offer and in exchange, I will tell you how you might find Toothless back. All you have to do is just consider it.'

Hiccup gritted his teeth and then took the map. 'I'm listening.'

Viggo smirked again. 'Very well. My sister, Thyra, is ten years younger than me, and for as far as I understand, she lives on an island where she keeps dragons. I, myself, have to admit that I do not know the exact location since no ship managed to get anywhere near her.'

'But we have dragons.'

'Exactly. So, if you find the right location, you must be able to get there. Now, I usually let you figure it out yourself but seeing as you are very bad for business and I would highly like you to consider my offer I shall tell you how to get close enough. You need someone who has been there before. Someone who could tell you the way.'

'You mean Johann? We know he helped her but we cannot find him anywhere.'

'Oh but my dear Hiccup. That is because you have been looking all in the wrong place. See, you have been out to find Toothless, while I'm sure Johann must be out to find you.'