18: Just Like Old Times

Eddie slammed a book on the table, as we all crowded around him. We were looking for a store to go to, to get some weapons.

"Look at this." Eddie said, "It's called WarZone."

"We've been there once." I replied, "It's huge."
Uncle Wayne took us there when we were younger, it's a massive store full of weapons and guns.

"They've got everything." Eddie added.

"Wait- is that a grenade?" Robin looked at the picture on the book, "How is this legal?"

"Lucky for us, it isn't." Eddie smirked.

"This place is just outside of Hawkins." I informed, "If we stay clear of the main roads and avoid cops then we'll be fine."

"If we are trying to avoid cops then maybe we shouldn't go." Erica replied.

"Normally, I'd agree. But we need the weapons so it's worth the risk." Nancy replied. 

"But is it worth the time? I mean, it will take all day to bike there and back." Dustin reminded.

"Who said anything about bikes?" I questioned, as I smirked at Eddie.

"Have you got some sort of car that we don't know about?" Steve questioned to Eddie and i.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve." Eddie replied.

"And it's not exactly ours." I added.

"Hey, Red." Eddie turned around to Max, "Have you got a ski mask or a bandana?"
Max have Eddie a Halloween mask that looked very old, but it will do.

We all ran around the Trailer Park until we got to a big campervan belonging to our neighbours.

"Deena." Eddie turned to me, "Like we practiced."

"On it." I saluted to Eddie, then ran to our neighbours house to distract them while Eddie breaks into their van.

I walked around the front of their Trailer, to see a man and a woman sat on the porch smoking cigarettes.
"Hi." I smiled innocently, "Have you seen my Uncle Wayne anywhere? Or my brother?"

"Sorry, kid." The man replied.

"That's okay." I pretended to wipe a tear from my face, as I peered over at Eddie who was climbing through the window. I still had to store them for longer, "Uh, do you know where they might've gone?"

The woman sighed, obviously fed up with me, "Doesn't your Uncle work-"
Suddenly, a loud engine echoed through the air.

The man looked over to his van, which was moving away slowly, "Hey! Get back here!"

"Oh, uh, I found my brother." I smiled innocently.

I started sprinting after the van, while Steve and Nancy poked their head out of the side door,

"Deena!" Nancy shouted.

"Run faster!" Steve called.

"Get back here you son of a bitch!" The man chased after me.

"Hey!" The woman shouted.

I carried on running as Nancy put out her hand for me to grab. When I did, she yanked me inside of the van, causing me to fall on the floor.

I let out a laugh, "Now that was fun."

Dustin looked out of the window, "Shit, they look pissed."

"Well, it's not everyday you loose your van." Robin replied.

I got up from the floor and shut the side door, while Steve took over from Eddie's terrible driving skills.

Eddie high-fived me, "Just like old times."

~

We arrived at WarZone, and it was packed with families getting weapons.
"Let's be fast, yeah?" Nancy suggested.

"Definitely." Robin nodded, as we all split up to get weapons.

I got a basket and started filling it with supplies and different kinds of bullets.
I bumped into Steve and Robin, who were collecting gasoline.

"That's a lot of gasoline." I commented sarcastically.

Steve gave me the 'not right now' look, which made me furrow my eyebrows. I noticed Robin staring at a girl from school and she was kissing a boy.

"Mother fucker." I mumbled.

Robin ran past us and Steve followed. I've never seen Robin so upset, she must've really liked that person.
I made my way up to the counter, to see Nancy buying a gun. I noticed Jason too, he was extremely close to her and holding the end of her gun.

My blood boiled as I walked up to the counter, "Fancy seeing you here."

Jason glanced over at me, "Munson, what are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I questioned.

"Yeah, as I said, scary times." Nancy added.

Jason let go of Nancy's gun and walked over to me, he was extremely close, "Where's your brother?"

"How should I know." I glared at him.

Jason chuckled, "Last chance, Munson. Where is he?"
I could feel his warm breath on my face, as he loaded his gun, trying to scare me.

I grabbed the gun from his hands and threw it across the store, "Don't worry, daddy will buy you a new one." I spat sarcastically.

We all ran back into the van, where Dustin and Eddie waited for us.
"We gotta go." Steve panicked.

"What happened?" Dustin asked.

"Your old friends are here." Erica replied.

"That douche Jason, too." I added.

"Shit, shit, shit." Eddie rubbed his face in his hands.

"We're in deep shit." Dustin added.