14: Pretty Far From Okay

I walked slowly along the long hallway of the Creel House. It was so old and filled with layers of dust.
One by one, I noticed that the lamps started flickering slightly. I walked up to the lamp, then another lamp flickered, almost like it was leading the way to somewhere.

"Guys." I called out, still following the flickering trail of lamps.
Max and Lucas rushed out of the room, followed by Steve, Nancy and Robin.
We all watched the light on the ceiling flash repeatedly, not knowing what to do.

"It's like the Christmas lights." Nancy whispered.

"Christmas light?" Robin questioned.

"Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights came to life." Nancy explained.

"Vecnas here. In this house." Lucas whispered, "Just on the other side."

The light faded out completely.

"I think he left the room." Robin said.

"Did he hear us?" Max questioned.

"Can he see us?" Steve added.

"Headphones." I told Max to listen to music, I couldn't risk loosing her again.

"Wait, wait. Everyone turn if your flashlights and spread out." Nancy instructed.

"But we're not gonna be able to see if we turn of our flash light." Steve panicked, but everyone had already done it.
Steve's flashlight started flashing on its own, it was leading us up to the Attic.

Max started walking up the attic stairs, but I grabbed her hand, causing her to stop.
"Me first." I insisted, as everyone gave us a confused look.

"An attic, of course it's an attic." Robin sighed sarcastically.

"Hold up, guys. What if he's leading us to a trap?" Dustin asked, "Guys? Shit."

All of our flashlights started shining brightly, repeatedly flashing.

~

The next day, our group was in Nancy's car and she was driving us to where Eddie was staying, with his 6 pack of beers of course.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this visit because this is gonna totally suck?" Robin asked.

"It'll be fine." Nancy reassured.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin sighed.

"At least he'll have beer to drink himself into feeling better." Steve said sarcastically with a mouth full of Pringles.

"Hey." I turned around to Steve, reminding him he's my half-brother.

"That's what my mom does." Max added.

"Why don't we just give it a trial then?" Robin asked, "Hey Eddie, uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six pack of beers you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in a much scarier and darker dimension, and the gates closed to we have no idea how to get to him. So now you're screwed, but I know that you were already screwed so now you're like doubly, triply screwed."

"Wait-Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas replied.

"Good plan, Lucas." I added sarcastically, "Eddie will freak out, trust me. Bad news first, always."

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna." Nancy suggests, "That's what we say because that's what important."

"See, Robin? A positive spin can make all the differences." Steve said sarcastically from the back.

"Oh shit." Nancy mumbled.

"What?" I leant forward so my head was in the gap of the two front seats, "What happened?"

Nancy pulled into the house estate where Eddie was suppose to be staying at. The whole area was filled with cops and panicked people of the neighbourhood. I listened from afar to what the policeman was saying
"Homicide on the lake...." was all that I heard.

I covered my mouth in shock, tears filling in my eyes.

Please don't be Eddie. Please don't be my brother.

Max held my hand tightly, and everyone noticed that I was holding in tears.

"The civilian is an 18 year old senior from Hawkins High." The police man said to the camera man for the TV news.

"Fuck." I mumbled, wiping the tears from my face.

"It can't be Eddie, it can't be." Dustin whispered.

"The student is identified as Patrick McKinney." The police man said, as I let out a sigh of relief that it wasn't Eddie, "We've also identified the person of interest.... Eddie Munson."

"What!" I blurted out loudly.

"Oh man, this is really not good." Steve shook his head.

My fists clenched tightly, I could feel my nails digging into the palms of my hands. I gritted my teeth, "He didn't do anything!-"

Nancy pulled me back so no one could see me, "Hey. I know you're angry but if they hear that you're related to Eddie they'll suspect you too."

"I don't care." I scoffed, as tears ran down my face.

"Well, we do." Robin added.

"Deena? Dee? Anyone!" I heard Eddie talking on the walkie-talkie.

I grabbed it from my bag, "Eddie? Oh my god, are you okay?" I whisper-yelled.

"Nah, Dee. I'm pretty far from okay." Eddie replied.

"Where are you?" Dustin asked.

"Skull Rock. Do you know it?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah," Steve nodded, then started rushing off.

"Hold on, Eddie, we're coming." I started running too, "Hold tight."

A/N:
hey! please comment ideas on what you want to happen next. shall Deena get taken by vecna or should she stay safe with eddie?
please comment your suggestions <3