"What's Inside This Box"

Instructor: Students!  Hurry up we have 20 minutes to pack your backpacks then we will leave for camping. We can't delay because it's evening and camping at night in this snow-covered land will be dangerous.

He left after informing them.  All students hurriedly finished their meals and ran to their rooms for packing.

Avu got up from her seat but Siddharth held her hand.

Avu raised her eyebrows questioning him.

Sid: Your last bite.

He said putting a morsel of rice close to her mouth. She smiled and ate it.

Sid: And slow down. I have already packed your bag only mine is left.

Avneet looked at him shocked.

Avu: when did you do that?

Sid: When you were busy enjoying your hot shower.

Avu: Okay then let me help you.

She said and dragged him with her holding his hand. All the way Sid was smiling like an idiot.

They did the packing together.

"What's inside this box? " she said grabbing a black velvet box.

(𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭)

Siddharth's eyes widened. He ran towards her and snatched that box

Sid: Nothing!Just a box. I accidentally brought this with me. It's my mom's.

Avu: But I can see what's inside.

She said getting suspicious.

Sid: yes you can but... But look at the time. We are five minutes late. If we linger a little longer, they will leave us here.

Avu: But

Sid:  No if no buts, let's go. I don't wanna miss anything.

He dragged her with him.

Avu: We have been walking for half an hour. When will we find a good place for camping? ahh! Finally, we reached our destination.

She sneezed.

Sid: See!  I told you to wear a woolen cap or scarf

He made her wear a hat to which avneet made a cringed face. He giggled seeing her expressions. He kissed the tip of her nose.

Sid: You are adorable!

He leaned down to peck her lips completely lost in the trance. But his lips never met hers. No,  She didn't keep her hand in between but instead, she pinched his lips hard causing him to come to reality. He winced and pursed his lips.

Sid: What is this Avu? My lips hurt

He licked his lips irascible glaring at her.

Avu: Aww! It's your punishment. Better luck next time.

She patted hid cheeks showing fake sympathy.
He jerked her hand.

Sid: Now no more wait! Please say na. Don't hold up your feelings.

He said getting desperate.

Avu: Say what?

She teased him and ran away to the camps smiling. He ran behind her.

Sid: Avu stop! Please say na. Don't tease me.

Avu: I will tell you when the right time will come.

She chuckled and turned back to catch his expression. To her bad, she tripped on a stone.

She shrieked in fear and shut her eyes but a warm arm saved her.
She quickly opened her eyes sensing that the arm wrapped around her waist is not Sid's.

Sid came running towards her.

Sid:  Avu are you fine? You didn't get hurt?

But he stopped when he saw them looking at each other lost. He cleared his throat. The boy made her stand properly.

Boy: Are you fine?

Avu: Manjul...

She whispered but it was audible to them. A tear rolled down her cheek but she wiped it and ran from there. Sid and Manjul ran behind her shouting her name.