𝙨𝙞𝙭. a step closer

When you finished your meals, the rain was still pouring, you made hot choco for the both of you

"Thank you" Yuta said as you handed him his cup.

The rain wasn't as heavy as it was earlier, bad news is, it's already almost 7pm. Good news is, Megumi finally replied and said he was already heading home, he was stuck in the campus because of the heavy rain and said that Yuji was fetching his other older brother at the airport.

While waiting for the rain to completely go away, both of you decided to watch tv in the living room.

"L/N, I was wondering..." Yuta started.

"Hmm?" you hummed as you take a sip of your hot chocolate. 

"Are we...friends?"

This question made you furrow your eyebrows. "Are we not?"

"Oh, no, it's just that, these past few days I just felt like...you were avoiding me? I just wondered if I did something wrong"

The way he looks like an innocent kid asking questions really made your heart skip. He looked too cute.

"Oh, no, I think it's just your imagination haha"

What a liar.

"But you really did nothing wrong Yuta, I promise" you raised your hand and crossed your heart.

"What a relief, I'm glad to hear that" he took a deep breath. "Since we're friends... do you mind if I ask you questions? I mean I just really want to get to know you, you know? We're in the same friend group but I feel like—" he stopped blabbering when you laughed.

"Of course, Okkotsu, it's definitely fine for you to ask me questions, don't even hesitate to ask" you reassured him.

I thought she called me Yuta earlier, did I just mishear it?

"A-alright, well, hmm, I'm curious, why did you choose history as your major?"

"Oh, well I have always loved history, I like to know what happened in the past, it's so interesting for me to think and imagine what if I lived in those timelines? What would my life have been? Would I have met those key persons?  And also our history is what lead us to the present, to what we have now, well, even today will be tomorrow's history so... also I don't want people to just forget about our country's history, people these days take it for granted and it leads to so much misinformation and disinformation around, to know one's history is to protect an important event and memory, without it, we won't even know who we are and why we're here, our culture, why we folow such norms...  in this essay I will" you joked and laughed, it was true tho, you could write a whole essay about why you love history so much.

He laughed along with you but was actually in awe with what you said, he never thought of history like that, or imagining himself living in those timelines, he always thought history was boring, but his perspective on the subject somehow changed now, you did have a point.