Brainwashed

A tall man stood brewing a potion. He seemed completely calm as he stirred the mixture slowly. He had almost dead look in his blue eyes, long blond hair, fair skin, and a vine like scar across his face. A dark shadow crossed the room taking the form of a dark person.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" The shadow asked in a childish voice.

"Of course Collector. I made sure to be quite careful this time." The man told the shadow.

"That's what you said last time, and if I remember correctly that grimwalker got there memories back and betrayed you for the person you were trying to wipe from there memory." The shadow laughed after saying this.

"That's because they didn't drink all of them."

"Remind me why your splitting it up into him taking one everyday for the entire month. Why not just give him one to wipe her from his memory?"

"Two reasons Collector. The first is that he really does need these to be able to use his staff properly. The second", the man chuckled softly, "Is that if I didn't it would wear off. He would eventually remember her again. They need to be split over at least a week. As long as he drinks every single one he will never remember her. Even if she told him everything, even if she showed him videos of every memory they share together he won't remember."

"Why bother? I mean she's practically harmless as long as you keep that chocker on her."

"Because he cares about her Collector. I could let that slide while he was still a scout. But now that he's becoming The Golden Guard she'll only be a distraction. Besides I can't risk her causing him to betray me."

"What about her reaction? She'll know it's a lie if you say he doesn't want to see her anymore."

"You said it yourself Collector, she's harmless as long as she wears that chocker."