Calm before the storm

Now I understood everything. I didn't only remember Estera though. In fact not only were all of my fake memories gone, but I also remembered things that I wasn't supposed to. Apparently I had a lot of wiped memories. Things that I didn't know how to feel about. Everything was so clear now. That wasn't a completely good thing either.

After the events at Hexside I explained what the day of Unity was really about. It was about killing everyone with the draining spell, using the coven sigils to do it. It was something I knew for sure due to one of my wiped memories. The Hexside students(along with me and Estera) started planning. We had decided to stay at Hexside and hide ourselves, with Bump saying that all of us were required to stay at the school till the day of Unity, then we would ride the busses to it, Emperor's Orders. Luckily they fell for it.

Now that we were safe and everything was over we had been making plans for the day of Unity. Luckily I was the only one with a coven sigil, something that I now absolutely despised. We had worked together and actually made what I considered a great plan for the day of Unity, however it felt like time was going so much slower now. I probably would've gone insane if I was still on my own.

Speaking of which I spent most of my free time catching up with Estera. It felt so weird, I couldn't begin to describe how much I truly missed her. I knew exactly what my first question for her would be once we were alone.

"Why did you hide your curse?"

"I was scared.... most people don't even know I exist! Do you think anyone will be willing to even get to know me if I tell them? That you would've given me a chance?"

I hated that she was right.

Something else is Edric..... the two of us hadn't had a proper conversation about what happened. That was mostly because I was avoiding him. Our entire relationship was built on lies. What would I even say to him?

Eventually we had only a day until it was time. Things were fearful, but we were ready.