Prologue

12 year old Galaxy, a wolf anthropomorphic with an odd fur color of purple with long pink hair at the time, sat in her room watching the tv. She heard an unfamiliar voice from the other room and got up, peeking around the corner into the kitchen. She saw her mother, an orange fox with pink hair as well, talking with an unfamiliar purple and dark gray wolf. But it wasn't a normal conversation, he was being almost... hostile. The unfamiliar wolf shifted his glance to Galaxy and his expression darkened, but there was something else in his expression...
Was that regret?
Galaxy had no time to think about it before she backed away back into her room.

It's probably one of my mom's friends having a quarrel with her She thought. She started walking back to the tv before she was frozen by a horrifying sound.
A gunshot.
She ran into the kitchen doorway and saw the wolf hovering over her mother's body with a shotgun. Panic rose in Galaxy and she stared, frozen. The wolf hadn't noticed her and seemed to have been frozen as well. A sudden rage burned in her chest like fire and she unsheathed her claws. Before she could hesitate she jumped on the wolf, claws extended, clinging onto his face. He struggled to shake her off but her claws were digging into his face, drawing blood. The wolf had dropped his shotgun out of fright but before Galaxy could notice he grabbed a Glock that was in his pocket and struggled to aim it. Galaxy froze when she saw and didn't have time to react before a strong pain in rose in her eye and skull and she was knocked back onto the ground with her eye missing and a hole through her head.
She was dead.
The wolf ran out of the house as fast as possible.

Galaxy opened her eyes into pure darkness. She walked around the empty space confused and scared. Just then she heard a voice behind her.

"Galaxy."
She turned around quickly to face a 6 foot fox with Phoenix wings.

"Who are you?! Where am I?!" Galaxy asked

"Calm, child. You are in the spirts pass way."

"The what?" Galaxy was confused.

"Long story short, you are dead." The fox said.

"WHAT?!" Galaxy was surprised. she was dead?

"You are dead. But not for long. You have a purpose too strong to lose at such a young age."

"What do you mean..?" Galaxy asked.

"You'll find out soon child." The fox spoke no more and placed her paw on Galaxy forehead sending a blinding light.
Galaxy gasped as she awoke. The hole in her head was healed.. but her eye wasn't.
Galaxy thought it was just a bad dream for a moment but when she spotted her mom's body laying across from her... she was wrong.
She ran out of the house in panic and in the direction of the forest. She continued running and collapsed behind a tree out of terror. She sat back against the tree, hyperventilating.
She closed her eyes hoping she would wake up and this would all just be a terrible dream. She flinched when she heard a twig snap and opened her eyes to see a dark grey non-binary anthropomorphic wolf with a blue jacket and black mask, She froze in terror but calmed a bit when she saw the wolf wasn't a threat.

"Are you okay?" The wolf asked. Galaxy didn't respond she was too terrified to speak.

"No never mind, I don't need an answer." The wolf realized it was clear that she wasn't okay. They reached out their hand and Galaxy stayed frozen for a second before grabbing their hand and getting up.

"I'll take you to my house and clean your eye then maybe you can tell me what happened" the wolf spoke before walking off through the forest with Galaxy. They stopped at a decent sized house seeming to be hidden and walked inside. Galaxy froze at the doorway and looked around. There was a brown anthro fox with orange spots that Galaxy almost mistaken for a wolf. The fox turned and ran up to Galaxy.

"Hi! I'm Lexi! Woah, what happened to your eye?" Lexi asked cheerfully without hesitating.
The wolf growled at Lexi.

"Lexi! Stop pestering her she's already terrified enough."

"Sorry Asher." Lexi's ears drooped back.

"Don't apologize to me." Asher spoke before going through a cabinet.

"Sorry." Lexi said to Galaxy before trotting off to the couch.

7:30PM

Asher had cleaned Galaxy's eye and she had become calm enough to explain what happened. Now Galaxy was in the bathroom staring blankly at her missing eye in the mirror. She couldn't stand looking at it any longer and spotted a pare of scissors on the counter. She grabbed the scissors and cut at her hair making it short and covering her missing eye so she didn't have to look at it any longer.

This is my new life. She thought to herself.
And it's more complicated then I hoped for.