Chapter Fifteen

✵ Chapter Fifteen ~ Mission Pt. 2: Broken Melody ✵

(Y/n) inhaled deeply, her mask supplying her with plenty of oxygen. (Y/n) checked her G-suit straps and her other straps, making sure they all were secure in tight, in place.

Once she was sure everything was good she tested her comms.

"Dagger Two is ready to go." She reported, the other Daggers chiming in as they finished.

"Dagger One is ready to go."

"Dagger Three is ready to go."

"Dagger Four is ready to go."

"Dagger one, you are cleared for take off." The control tower responded, a women's voice flooding into their ears.

Maverick got into position, people in neon vests going and hooking up everything he would need to take off in a moments notice.

Once everything was good, one of them went to the side, putting up a thumbs up.

Maverick saluted and waved his hand forward, before being catapulted forward, him taking off with boom.

This time, it was (Y/n)'s turn.

(Y/n) shut her canopy, checking everything to be secure and ready one last time, before following the people on the ground's instructions.

Once she was lined up, she started her engine, the loud roar being enough to just about deafen anyone who didn't have mufflers on.

She slid her mask's lock into place on the other side of her (f/c) helmet, looking forward.

There in front of her, the vast ocean and sky meeting on the horizon, the sky calling her name.

(Y/n) looked down, seeing the same thumbs up given to Maverick indicating he was clear.

(Y/n) did the same signal as Maverick, saluting and waving her head forward, before, too, being catapulted forward.

(Y/n) let out a grunt as she was flung forward, some G's coming onto her chest, her pulling back on her stick at the very moment she left the carrier, another loud boom sounding, indicating she had successfully taken off.

It wasn't long before they were all up in the air, (Y/n) flying beside Maverick, Phoenix and Payback flying behind them, also side by side.

There wasn't much to say between them, Maverick talking to a remote plane, which was, essentially, a control tower in the air.

"Assume attack formation." Maverick ordered, (Y/n) letting Phoenix swiftly pass her, (Y/n) falling in line behind her.

The line went Maverick, Phoenix, (Y/n), and then Payback.

(Y/n) looked to her left, the vast ocean taunting her, them having lowered to the parameters required for the mission. (Y/n) was almost able to just reach and touch the water, she could almost smell the ocean from how close they were.

She then looked back ahead, seeing into Phoenix's canopy, only really able to see Bob.

(Y/n) looked past them, the foreign territory canyon coming up, where they would begin one of the most intense missions they would, more than likely, ever experience.

"Timer starting in-" Maverick put a finger to his button, about to press it, the land in front of them rapidly coming upon them.

(Y/n) felt her heartbeat increase even more, some sweat beading on the back of her neck, though she narrowed her eyes, this is what they'd been training for.

She harnessed her nerves and used the adrenaline to focus in on her eyesight, keeping an eye on where she would need to fly.

She could feel her heartbeat, her heart about to beat out of her chest.