Chapter One

✵ Chapter One ~ Dorms ✵

Phoenix heaved a sigh of exhaustion, the night at the bar finally wrapping up. They all had sung songs till their vocal cords ached, having gone through dozens of songs. Many people had left, the time reaching midnight, people exhausted from the fun.

"The amount of songs that you can play on the piano is nothing short of impressive." Phoenix complimented, taking her card back from the bartender, Rooster laughing at the compliment.

"Thanks, but my throat is hurting like hell." He rubbed his throat. "I think its a sign to call it a night."

Phoenix nodded in agreement, "I'm exhausted."

Both of them wrapped up their conversation, when Phoenix noticed (Y/n) rubbing her head, sitting at the bar, seemingly in pain.

Phoenix walked over, concern on her face, "Are you good?" She questioned, (Y/n) immediately looking up, before realizing who it was.

She nodded sluggishly, exhaustion obvious on her face, Phoenix raising an eyebrow at the silent answer.

"Do you need help-" She made a concerned look at the female's condition, "-getting home?"

(Y/n) blinked slowly, before nodding, "Yeah, I drank more than I should've."

Phoenix nodded, "That you did." Before she gently grabbed the other female's hand, slinging her arm over her shoulder, (Y/n) slowly standing up, relying on Phoenix.

Phoenix walked slowly, letting (Y/n) slowly recollect herself, her slowly being able to stand on her own.

They both walked out of the bar, again, not noticing the eyes watching them.

Phoenix walked, her shoes clicking on the wood boardwalk, (Y/n) not saying anything, leaving the atmosphere around them to become quiet and, surprisingly, not awkward.

The silence was nice, very different than the just loud bar they were in for hours, the quiet actually helping (Y/n)'s pounding headache. There were some crickets chirping, though it was to be expected during the night.

The moon was a waning gibbous, clearly shown in the sky, the stars, too, much more enunciated.

There weren't many words exchanged as they walked, (Y/n) slowly walking on her own, not relying on Phoenix so much.

(Y/n)'s eyes were wandering, before looking to Phoenix, who was focused on looking ahead, (Y/n) blatantly staring at how the other female's brown eyes reflected the stars in the sky.

"So where are you staying?" Phoenix broke the silence, (Y/n) snapping out of her staring, the dorm buildings coming up.

(Y/n) seemed to be getting more and more sluggish, seeming to be struggling to keep her eyes open. She pointed to the building she was staying in, Phoenix's eyes widening slightly, before smiling.

"That's the same building I'm staying in." She walked to the entrance of the dorm, (Y/n) slightly lagging behind.

Phoenix opened the door, holding it open so (Y/n) could go in first, though she immediately noticed the change in (Y/n)'s sluggish demeanor.

A slight smirk was on her face, her eyes hazy, as a heavy blush was on her face.

"You did drink too much." Phoenix muttered, quickly grabbing the other female's hand as she almost wandered in the wrong direction. "So what dorm number are you staying in?"

"43." She responded, Phoenix nodding, remembering her own dorm number.

"What are the odds, my dorm number is 44." Phoenix lead the female over to the elevator, pressing the up arrow.

(Y/n) didn't seem to be focusing on anything, her mind foggy from the amount of alcohol she consumed.

Once the elevator door's opened, (Y/n) was, basically, falling asleep while relying on Phoenix.

Phoenix slightly grunted as she got the female to stand up straight, luckily their dorms being close by, and side by side.

Phoenix went to (Y/n)'s door first, "Do you have your key?" She asked.

(Y/n) didn't respond for a second, before her mind registered that Phoenix asked her a question.

"Oh!" She reached into her back pocket, before realizing there was nothing there. "No." She responded simply.

Phoenix sighed as she pulled the female towards her own dorm door, pulling out her key, unlocking the door easily. She pushed down on the handle, opening the door, walking in and leading the drunk female into her room.

Phoenix walked over to her bed, (Y/n) taking this as a sign to lay down and fall asleep without a second thought.

"No you-" Phoenix cut herself off, not having time to finish her sentence before realizing the (h/c) haired girl had fallen asleep.

Phoenix sighed, for the umpteenth time that night, going over to her drawers, pulling out pajamas, quickly changing into them.

She walked over to the female passed out on her bed, taking off (Y/n) shoes, moving her so she wasn't taking up majority of the bed.

(Y/n) didn't react at all to the movement, instead just letting it happen, staying fast asleep.

Phoenix then got into bed herself, laying down and cherishing the some-what comfortable bed. Exhaustion was quickly making itself known, Phoenix feeling her eyes slowly shutting, her eyelids heavy.

"Goodnight...Phoenix." (Y/n) muttered, Phoenix looking over to the female, not knowing she was slightly still awake.

Phoenix then looked back to the ceiling, her eyes shutting for the final time that night.

"Goodnight (Y/n)."

✵ End of Chapter One ✵