Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten ~ The Hard Deck

Note: (c/c) = clothing choice

(Y/n) nervously adjusted her shirt, wearing casual clothes, which was (c/c). It was rare when she wore casual clothes, either in uniform or going to bed. Her days were jam packed, hardly leaving any time to change and hangout much.

(Y/n) felt her heart beating fast in her chest, placing her hand over her chest, feeling the rapid beating. (Y/n) didn't want to get her own hopes up or take this how it wasn't meant to be.

She quickly finished dressing up, looking at her watch and seeing it was 7:45, it would be about a ten minute walk, so she decided she best get on it soon.

Before she could leave, she heard a knock on her door, (Y/n) walking over and opening it.

There was Phoenix, dressed in her own casual clothes, (Y/n), not so discreetly, scanning her outfit.

"My eyes are up here Circe." Phoenix chuckled, (Y/n) looking up immediately, an embarrassed flush on her face as she just nodded. "Shall we get going?"

Phoenix turned, (Y/n) nodding, quickly stepping out of her dorm, shutting the door and locking it.

(Y/n) quickly went to catch up with Phoenix, who was slightly ahead, Phoenix turning her head to look at (Y/n) when she caught up.

Phoenix pressed the button to the elevator, both of them getting in and going down, quickly making their way outside to walk to the Hard Deck.

Phoenix took a moment to decide if this was a good idea, walking next to (Y/n), before just doing it.

Phoenix gently grabbed (Y/n)'s hand, (Y/n) keeping her focus ahead, though felt a flush come onto her face, not at all trying to pull away.

(Y/n), nervously, reciprocated Phoenix lacing their fingers, (Y/n) letting a small smile slip onto her face, enjoying the warmth of Phoenix's hand.

Phoenix took let a small smile come onto her face, (Y/n) walking closer to Phoenix, both of them enjoying the sun, that had barely begun to set.

They both enjoyed the quiet, both of them relishing the simple fact they were holding hands, both their hearts beating almost out of their chests. But they were less anxious and more happy, content being in the moment.

Before long, the Hard Deck was in sight, both of them walking in together, not letting the other's hand go.

Surprisingly, there was hardly anyone there, there being a table with a candle in the middle, (Y/n) looking to Phoenix with a slight pink blush on her face. The lights were slightly dimmed, setting a calm and, in (Y/n)'s opinion, romantic setting.

At that thought (Y/n) felt her heart, somehow, speed up even faster.

Phoenix just smiled and pulled her forward, pulling (Y/n)'s chair out, letting her sit down, before taking her own seat.

(Y/n) was unsure what to say, gulping nervously. She nervously glanced up, catching Phoenix's gaze, and, if she didn't know any better, there seemed to be an adoring look in her eyes.

(Y/n) adored how Phoenix looked under the candle light, her brown eyes outshining any gem (Y/n) had ever seen. The way the, now, setting sun shone into her eyes, the brown showing lighter hues of honey brown, a pair of eyes (Y/n) couldn't look away from.

Phoenix was no better, the look of adoration she did hold, her usually tense, serious, self relaxed as she enjoyed looking into (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes. They were truly something of beauty, Phoenix feeling her own smile get a bit bigger when (Y/n) glanced up at her, before looking down and blushing.