Chapter 1

Aiden's P.O.V

~Past~

Oh my god, it's my last year in high school. I'm 17 years old going to be turning 18 soon and I'm a senior in high school. My best friend and I have suffered through enough in high school and we are hoping and praying that college doesn't kick our asses because that's not what we signed up for but you know what, we are going to get through it together.

Walking across the stage in front of everyone in this school is nerve wracking, but my best friend, she's with me all through the way and I'm with her all through the way. God, I looked so good walking across that stage. I even looked good in my gown, strutting my stuff. Showing everyone who is the boss and leaving this shit high school like the queen that I am. My best friend doing the same thing, knowing she's a queen as well letting these people know what's up, what's good?

Oh lord, high school was a trip for me and my bestie but we are done with high school, now time to go through 2-4 years of college..yayyy.

~Present~

"Aiden!!! Get up! It's time for you to go to college!!!!!" I groaned, opening my eyes. "Ugh, why is she yelling?" That was my mom. She's a sweet woman but loves to make a scene about something. I know the windows are wide open so EVERYONE in the neighborhood can hear us. I heard her footsteps come up the stairs. Oh my god...she's coming oh great, time for her to open the curtains and let that bright ass light into my room.

"Aiden!" I groaned, covering my ears. "Are you done yelling?" I could feel my mother glare at me. "Get up little boy, I don't care how old you are, I don't care that you are now 18 years old, you get up. We have to drive 2 hours away to go to your college, come on let's go." She opened the curtains, shining the light into my room as I rolled over, groaning. "Ugh what time is it?" She walked over, pulling the covers off of me. "It's 6 in the morning, let's go. I don't care if it's that early we need to get there now. Let's go Aiden, Dreya will be here shortly with her mom!"

I sighed softly and sat up, rubbing my eyes. Dreya is my best friend. That girl is the highlight of my day. Her and I are literally inseparable, like you can't separate us from each other or we will throw hands at anyone, we don't care who. I threw my legs over my bed and stood up, stretching my body. I hear my mother's footsteps once again. "Aiden I swear you better be awak-" I glared at her. "I'm awake mother!" I heard her footsteps go back downstairs. Trust me, I love my mom, but sometimes she is a headache, let along a nightmare sometimes even. I walked to my closet and pulled out my clothes I was riding down to college in. Thankfully, Dreya and I don't have to start classes until next Monday, since we are a little new so we have plenty of getting used to everything and getting our rooms. Of course it sucks that we won't have the same room, but we are right across from each other so we are both hoping that our roommates are...decent.

Ugh, my mother threw a fit when she found out Dreya and I weren't roommates. You would think Dreya and I would, which we didn't, but a grown woman did instead. I tell you, my mother is so dramatic over everything, but I love her so I guess it works out. After getting dressed, I went to brush my teeth and continued my morning routine before, gathering up all my boxes and stuff for my college dorm. Footsteps were coming back upstairs, me thinking it was my mom, I started to get annoyed. "Mom, if that's you coming up here anything, don't. I'm literally getting my bags and boxes together and I don't have time for-" I looked up to see Dreya standing by my door laughing. "I'm guessing your mom kept bothering you about getting up." She started laughing.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, yes I really thought you were that women coming up my damn stairs once again for like the 100th time." Dreya laughed and sat down on my bed. "Are you going to miss this place?" I looked over at her and shrugged. "Yes and no?" "Why just yes and no?" "One, I'm going to miss my "humble room". Then again, I have like a shit ton of cons." Dreya laughed softly. "Oh yeah what are they?" I gathered the last boxes and bags. "Well for starters, I got NO privacy. Remember my first boyfriend I had? Well, my mom busted into my room and caught us kissing and freaked out. That's when she first found out I was gay. Ever since then, I had to keep my door open when I had "guy friends" around, which weren't many because of that. Ugh, I got made fun of a lot because of that girl." Dreya nodded. "Low-key, I love your mom, but having no privacy is annoying." I nodded and grabbed all of my electronic devices and put them into my backpack, including my phone and all chargers I had.

Dreya stood up, she smiled at me. "Ready to go bestie?" I smiled back at her. "Yes please get me out of here." She laughed as we both carried out all my bags and boxes, which really wasn't a lot since I can easily buy new clothes, but I took my personal favorite outfits with me and left behind ones my mother brought me, because I was NOT about to wear those. My mom and Dreya's mom were downstairs with our dads talking amongst each other. They smiled when they heard us coming down the stairs and turned to us. My dad and Dreya's dad came over to us. "Here kiddo, let me help with that." I smiled as we handed the boxes and bags to them. My mom came over to me and hugged me, crying. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"My handsome little baby is growing up." "Mommm, I'm not a baby. I'm 18 now." She glared at me. "18 is just a number. You are still my little baby." I sighed at her words. At least I'm away from this and I'll have all the privacy in the word. We walked out of the house. Dreya and I turned around to admire my house one more time, along with the rest of the neighborhood. "You gonna miss this place, Aiden?" I looked at her and shrugged. "Like I said yes and no. A part of me will since we grew up here, but at the same time, once we are in our college dorms and away from here, we have all the freedom in the world." Dreya smiled and wrapped her arms around me, hugging me. "Shall we ride together or separate?" I looked at her. "Together."

Dreya followed me into my dad's car with me, my dad and her dad while my mom rode with Dreya's mom. I leaned my head against the window as my eyes were getting heavy and closing on me, allowing me to drift away to sleep.

Off we go, away from my old home. I will miss this place, trust me but at the same time, it's gonna feel good to have freedom and privacy. I just hope my roommate is normal as can be and isn't a weirdo.