The best day of my life

I arrived at the Fall Festival with Isa by my side. I was confident and so extremely happy. This was my moment, the day I'd been waiting for.

I entered the room with full confidence, stomach was filled with butterflies, it felt like a dream.
Everyone's eyes looked at us. This was my moment, and everyone knew it.

Me and Isa went over to a table to lay our stuff.
"Did you see how everyone's eyes were on us!?" Isa whispered surprised.
"Yeah! This is our moment and no one can destroy it," I said with a little laugh.

After a little small talk with different people, I spotted Jackson. He was walking around with a tray full of punch. Damn how I wanted to kick him in the nuts, he deserved nothing but the worst. How dare he destroy my moment!

I didn't want to cause drama, so I just sat at a table, minding my own business, while I waited for Jaden to arrive.

-7.20 pm-

I was dancing with Isa and Daisy when everyone's eyes turned to look at Jaden and Jayla who had just arrived. Jayla ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"You look lovely, Y/n!" She said with a wide smile. ^
"So do you, Jayla!" I said as I looked at her dress. She had a beautiful emerald green long dress on with a v neck.

I was just about to ask Jayla something when Jaden came over to us.
"Woah, Y/n, you look beautiful," he said with a smile.
"And you look really handsome," I replied.
He gave me a little smirk and went back to his friends together with Jayla.

Not soon after, a familiar voice spoke.
"So? I guess that's your new lover." I turned to see Jackson starring at Jaden with a petty look.
I refused to speak with him, not even a single expression.

"Y/n, you're mine, can't you see that I love you more than this pathetic thing?" He said with an undertone of anger, he was still looking at Jaden.

I snapped.

"Don't you dare call him pathetic, he is way more caring than you ever were in our relationship and you know what? You don't fucking own me, asshole, if I were yours, I would be running back to your sorry butt, but guess what, you're the one running back to me, loser!" I said angrily as I stood up and walked away. He was just too much.

As I walked over to another table, I realized people had been looking at us. Fuck.
I didn't want drama on my perfect night, but I slayed anyways.

Isa came running over to me.
"Girly, you absolutely slayed-" She praised, but was interrupted by a guy yelling,
"Omg look!"

Everyone looked as a girl entered the room in a beautiful, red, long dress and some incredible long hair. That was when I realized that the girl I was staring at was no one other than Ava.
And she was currently walking towards Jaden - Hell to the no no no.

I excused myself before quickly running towards Jaden and reaching him before Ava - Thank goodness.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" Jaden asked as I was trying to push him in another direction.
"Can't you see she's trying to get you away from me?" It was Ava. What a witch.
"Y/n, you don't need to be jealous. By the way, you look gorgeous Ava!" Jaden said.
I rolled my eyes and whispered under my breath, "cunt," as I walked back to my table.

-8.30 pm-

I was in the bathroom when I could hear the DJ yelling in a microphone.
"It's time for the slow dance!"
I hurried to finish my makeup, but when I got out, the song had already begun.

And that was when my heart dropped.
Right in the middle of the dance floor was Jaden and Ava. Slow dancing together.

I felt dizzy and out of place as Jayla and Isa looked at me with worried faces.
I ran outside the building, I didn't want anyone to pity me.

I found a bench outside and just cried my heart out.
Wtf just happened? What was going on? I thought he liked me.

I kept crying until I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Jackson.
"Go away, asshole, you're probably here to tell me how right you were," I said.
He sighed.

"Hell yeah I am, what else would I do? Do you think this is some Disney movie or something?" He said as he sat beside me.

"Look, Y/n, I know I haven't been the best boyfriend, but I promise to be a better friend. I know I can't keep chasing you. But I will tell you this - I really wanna hug you right now. Can I do that?" He asked.
I nodded before he gave me a tight, long bear hug.

Right as he pulled away, Jayla and Isa came running out of the building.
"Oop- you really have something for boys starting with J," Isa said as she approached me and Jackson.
"Oh shut up, Isa. Me and Jackson have decided that we want to stay as friends." I said as I rolled my eyes at Isa.

-8.20 pm-

After a long talk with Isa and Jayla, I decided that I was going to make this night a total blast. So when I entered the room again with Isa and Jayla by my side, I was boosted with new and more powerful confidence. I didn't care about Ava and Jaden sitting together, Jaden was dead to me.

As me, Jayla and Isa were dancing together, Jackson approached me.
"You good?" He asked.
"Yeah," I replied
"Great, take this then," He handed me a glass of punch and gave me a little wink before he left.

My eyes instantly turned to look at Jaden. He was staring at Jackson with a deadly look, I could see him rolling his eyes.
Then we got eye contact for a few seconds, I felt butterflies in my stomach...

But then I remembered what he did to me, so I instantly gave him the middle finger and turned back to Isa and Jayla. And we just danced until our body felt crushed from exhaustion.

-9.20 pm-

I went home with Isa at around 9 pm. I was so exhausted and tired, and lets not forget extremely mad.

When I opened the front door to our house, my dad was laying on the white couch, sleeping, the movie he had been watching still running.

"Typical William," Isa said.
I laughed before grabbing the remote and pressing the red turn off button.
As I did, Isa put a blanket over my dad.

---------------

A/N:

Sorry for publishing this part late, I have been sick and my editor was away for a while. Hope you enjoyed, though! <3