The baseball training

-3.30 pm-
I was at the baseball field, sitting and waiting for Mimi to arrive. She said that there was baseball training and we had to look for possible dates for the upcoming fall festival. I didn't really want to look for a date... It just felt wrong since me and Jackson just broke up before moving here. *

Some of the boys were playing around on the baseball field, waiting for training to begin. This was really awkward, nobody was sitting at the bench, only me.

After 10 minutes of waiting, Mimi finally arrived.
"Hi girly! How long have you been waiting?" She asked.
"About 2 minutes.." I lied.
She gave me a smile and continued, "good, because I didn't want to keep you waiting for too long".

As Mimi talked about the boys, I zoned out completely; it was almost like I was in a different world. "Hellloooo?? y/n??" She said while waving her hand in front of my face
"Oh, sorry, yeah. I'm listening now." I said and shook my head.
"They're having a game tomorrow, wanna watch it with me?" Mimi aske with a very convincing look, so I had to say yes.
Mimi smiled as I checked my phone.

"Y/n, where r u"- Noah
3 missed calls from Noah
2 missed calls from Dad
"Hey sweetheart, where are you?"- Dad
5 missed calls from Hector
"Come home y/n!!!"- Hector

Fuck.

I totally forgot about writing to my family.
I quickly wrote a message to dad saying "I'm at the baseball field, I'm really sorry I haven't sent a message, I totally forgot."
Dad was quick to write back, and as I read the message, Mimi yelled.

"Y/n you have to see this, or else you won't get a date at all!!" I looked at her and then answered. "I don't understand why, why do I need a date? Why is it so important? What would happen if I go without a date?" I said.

She looked at me, then looked away and said "I just want the best for you."
I looked at her with a small smile. I then said "if you want the best for me, maybe ask me more about myself."
Mimi scratched her head. "Right. Sorry. So, tell me about yourself! If you tell me everything, I will tell you everything about me too."

I told her everything;
"So my name is y/n, I'm 16 years old, I have a younger brother named Hector and an older brother named Noah. My best friend is someone named Isabella, and before moving here, I lived in New York. I also had a boyfriend named Jackson, he was a tall brunette, very kind... I'm also half Danish, and my parents are divorced, so my mom lives in Hawaii. Oh, and I have a dog named Rocky." I said.

Mimi looked completely amazed.
"Woah! Okay, but me now." She said, and I smiled.
"My name is Mimi, as you know, and I just turned 16 in the summer break. I have a younger sister named Skye; she's a freshman. My parents are together, but not married, and I love peppermint ice cream and taking pictures." She said.

"Nice!" I said as I checked my phone again, it was 4 pm already.
Mimi laughed and I looked up to face her.
"We ended up not really looking at boys, it was just us talking. But it was nice." She said.
"Yeah! I'm probably gonna head home soon, though." I said as I stood up from my seat.
"Yeah me too." Mimi said, we both headed towards the exit.

I was lost in my phone when I bumped into something. I looked up as I met a boy's eyes.
"Woah! Are you okay?" He said. I nodded.
"I don't think I've seen you before, what's your name?" He asked.
"Y/n. What's yours?" I asked, still keeping the eye contact. "I'm Jaden."

;)

"Cute name, by the way." He said, smiling sincerely at me. I couldn't help it but smile back at him.
"Thanks, yours is too." I said, staring into his maroon brown eyes.

"Well, see you around, y/n" he said.
"Ah, yeah, see you around!" I said. He turned around and gave me a little smile before walking away.

As he turned, I noticed the number on the back of his shirt.
"17!" I yelled as he almost was out of my sight. "See you around number 17!" I laughed.

Mimi stood there, speechless as she looked at me.
"Girl. What. Just. Happened!?" She said almost screaming it.
I laughed at her, "I got a new friend. Mimi, just because we talked doesn't mean we need to date." I said.
"Sorry, you're right - again. He can be apart of our duo; then we're a trio!" She said excitedly.
I laughed (again) and answered.
"No I don't think that is ever going to happen."

We walked towards the way out.
"I have to call my brother." I said to Mimi as she walked over to her bicycle.
"Which one?" She said in a flirty voice, clearly thinking about Noah. I rolled my eyes as I took my phone out of my pocket to call him.

"Hey y/n! It's nice finally hearing from you!" Noah said, sarcastically.
I had speaker on, so Mimi just laughed in the distance.
"Oh shut up and come and pick me up." I said annoyed.
"Chill lil sissy, I'm on my way." He said, laughing his ass off.
"Great, now hurry up." I said. "And I'm not little..." I mumbled before hanging up.

"OML YOUR BROTHER IS HILARIOUS AHGDYEFDUYG BY THE WAY WANNA WATCH THE BASEBALL GAME WITH ME FRIDAY?" Mimi said and laughed the most hysterical laugh I had ever heard in my entire lifetime.
"Oh shut up. And sure." I said.

Not soon after, me and Mimi said our goodbyes as she left.
After 5 minutes, Noah finally arrived in the car. God, he was slow.
"Sup lil sissy, let's get you home." he said.
As I opened the door and got in the car, I rolled my eyes as I fastened my seatbelt.

-5 pm-
I was finally home. Noah parked the car in the garage as I went inside.
When I opened the door, I could recognize the smell; my dad's lasagna.
It was the best lasagna I'd ever had tasted in my life.

"Welcome home sweetheart." My dad said as I threw my stuff in the entrance.
"Hi dad, hi Hector" I greeted them.
"How was school?" Dad asked as I sat down at the table. He gave me a plate of his famous lasagna.
"Great, I got a friend named Mimi." I said.
"Great! She can come over tomorrow, if she wants." Dad said happily.
"Oh, sure, that would be fun!" I said.

After dinner, I took my stuff up to my room and changed into my pajamas; the one with pandas my mom had gotten me for my 10th birthday.
I wondered about Isabella - was she okay? I tried to get my mind off of all my thought while watching Thor Ragnarok (marvel movie). My eyes slowly closed...

-beep beep-

I heard the sound of a message and I instantly checked my phone.
It was a message from...

JACKSON?!

I opened the message as I wondered what he wanted to say.
"Hey y/n, I miss you! I really wanted to continue our relationship, long distance relationship works for me fine! I think about you everyday❤️"

As I read the message out loud, I wrote the only right thing.
"Jackson, I still like you! I really do, but this thing... this "us" can't work. I'm so sorry Jackson I wish that it was different...
love, y/n"

After I sending it I instantly saw the typing bubble pop up. I turned off my phone as I went back to sleep.