The day of a lifetime

Today was the day, the day I had been waiting for:
The Fall Festival.
It was like prom - but spooky!
School was cancelled, since they needed to decorate for the big day.

I woke up before Isa and decided to go for a walk with Rocky. I would've called Jaden to ask if he wanted to go with me, but it was 7 am and he wasn't up yet at that time.

As I was going around the block with Rocky, I spotted Javon walking with Champ. I could easily recognize Javon, you could just tell it was him. I ran to the opposite sidewalk with Rocky where they were.

"Hey, Javon!" I yelled as he looked up from his phone.
"Hey Y/n! How are you?" He asked with a friendly smile.
"I'm so hyped about the fall festival today! I can't believe it's today, what about you?" I said as I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm good, I'm not going to the festival but I'm going to watch a movie with Daelo at home." "Sounds fun! Which movie?" I asked. He sighed as he answered,
"I like marvel so uh... Maybe Ironman?" He itched his neck.
"What a coincidence! I loovvveee marvel, it's just so comforting to watch," I said.
I was surprised - I didn't know Javon liked marvel too.

"Does Jaden like marvel too?" I asked him. He nodded.
"We have watched some together."
"Cool! But I better get home now, I need to help my dad with breakfast," I said as I walked faster towards my house.
"Oh, well, see you around!" Javon said.

-7.40 pm-

I opened the door to see my dad already in the kitchen making waffles.
"Morning honey! I'm making waffles, can you help me?" He asked.
I nodded and hurried towards the kitchen.

"So... it's your big day today! First prom, in a way," my dad said while making the dough.
"Yeah, you can say that... I'm really excited, and I also have the perfect date," I said, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"I haven't met this Jaden boy yet, why is that?" My dad said as he gave me a concerned stare. "Oh, well, I've been visiting his family and he's very sweet, I'm sorry I didn't introduce you two, it slipped through my mind," I said.
"I was just joking sweetheart," my dad said as he chuckled.
"Oh, well-" I was interrupted by...

"RISE AND SHINE EVERYONE!" It was Noah.
He had been at a party the day before and he came home extremely late. I guess he was still a bit drunk. In America, you aren't allowed to drink before 21, but in Denmark (where the dad is from), it is normal to drink at the age of 17, so dad allowed Noah to drink.

"Uh, Noah, why don't you go back to your room?" Dad asked as he walked towards Noah.
"I'm not listening to you, William, I can do what I want! But I'm going back to my room since I can do what I want." Noah said as he walked upstairs.
I was paying attention to pouring dough into the waffle maker, it smelled absolutely amazing.

- 8 am-

Almost everyone was eating breakfast - Me, Isa, Dad, and Hector. Meanwhile, Noah was up in his room sleeping.

"So, Isa, do you have a date for the fall festival?" My Dad asked as he ate a piece of waffle.
"No, I'm just going to vibe with my other bestfriend, Mimi!" She said excitedly.
Her words sank deep into my chest and I could feel my happy mood disappear.

As I looked up from my plate, I could see my dad's stunned face. He hid it from everyone but I could see it. I got up from the table and excused myself to my room. I hurried up the stairs and almost tripped on the way up.
I ran into my room and slammed the door shut.

I loved being dramatic, actually, for your information, I had planned this whole thing with dad yesterday night (AYO PLOT TWIST TF). I was going to make Isa feel bad and then she would run up to me and apologize, and as expected, she did.

After a few seconds, I could hear her running up to my room, I could hear her sigh before opening the door.
"Hey... Y/n?" She said.
As her head peaked from the door, I looked the other way, facing my window.
"I'm sorry, look, I know I've been the most unfair friend in the world, but... it's because me and Mimi have been trying to hide something from you." Isa said as she closed the door behind her.

She sat at my bedside and I turned my head.
"Continue..." I said in a sharp tone.
"So, uhh, we didn't want to ruin your big day, but I can't hide it any longer. While me and Mimi had a sleepover, we went to the mall to get some stuff. And we saw no one other than mother-fucking Jackson, yeah you heard that right. Apparently, he's in town because he has to help his grandparents with something. And he got a fricking job..." She hesitated before continuing.

"AS A WAITER TO THE FALL FESTIVAL!" She yelled.

Hol up. HOLD. TF. UP.
Jackson was in town?! That son of a bitch is probably here to make me his girlfriend. That boy is going way too far.

I was in complete shock.
"Why didn't you tell me earlier!?" I screamed as I sighed.
"UGHHH, he's going too far." I said as I got up.

---------------------

For the past 5 minutes, I've been walking back and forth, Isa still sitting on the bed.
I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell Jaden that no other than Jackson was in town.

And I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't tell him.

-4 pm (sorry for the big time skip)-

The fall festival began at 7 pm, so I had a lot of time to get ready.
Me and Isa were already standing in the bathroom, doing our makeup. I had red lipstick, natural makeup and a lot of mascara on. Isa had a nice, dark pink shade of lipstick on, makeup natural like mine and of course mascara.
I couldn't believe it was today, but of course Jackson had to ruin my happy mood.

- 6 pm-

We had our dresses on and were ready to go. Since it took some time to drive to the school, we had to leave at 6 pm. Noah was feeling better, so he stayed at home with Hector while dad drove me and Isabella to the festival.

I loved my dress, it was so cute. Isa's dress too - it was blue and tight which really complimented her body figure. Damn, my best friend was hot. I couldn't wait to see Jaden in his suit, I bet he was looking very handsome. Kylee and Jayla were probably looking stunning too.

I was so ready to see everyone watching me and Jaden dancing together to a slow song.

Because this was going to be my night and no one, no one, could ruin it.