Voices In The Halls...

"Here." Bakugo felt cold metal pressed against his neck, sending shivers down his spine. He craned his neck to see the soda can Jiro kindly offered him. "Thanks", he mumbled, cracking it open and gulping it down greedily. He watched Deku scramble across the courtyard, before seeing him disappear into the sky on top of the building. Underneath the shade of the tree, he attempted to ignore the underlying issues hiding within the school. It seems like he was the only one with common sense. Even though he wasn't the kindest, being rational was always one of his key points.

"How do you think the class is going to treat her?" He felt a tick in jaw, irritation rustling like the breeze. Jiro only asked the obvious, Mineta had a concussion, Mina probably has PTSD, and the whole school are doubtful about decisions the school made towards Deku and Uraraka. He sighed, only to clench his teeth and grab his ribs. Jiro steadied him by holding his shoulder. The bandages wrapped around chest reminding him of his own carelessness. The girl went from gravity powers to telekinetic powers and he felt...weak.

He knocked away her hand, though not with his usual ferocity. "Why are you even here Ears?"

Jiro frowned at him, not budging. "You know, you should a bit more grateful, that soda cost me a dollar."

"I didn't ask for you to do that."

"And I didn't ask for your opinion on me leaving."

He growled, leaning back against the tree, the anger in his eyes targeted at the world around him. "You know that answer," he commented, retorting back to her previous question, "I don't think anyone is going to be close anymore." Jiro hummed in response, rubbing the bandage on her cheek from being thrown out the window. Bakugo watched her out the corner of his eyes, before thinking of a plan.

Obviously Deku couldn't figure this crap out by himself. Normally he could care less about that nerd, but he hated the idea of feeling powerless compared to anyone, let alone Round Face. Trust had disappeared as quickly as a puddle in the summer heat, and the chances of the class being a team once more was slim to none. Not that he cared about teamwork, but there was a few idiots he came to enjoy the company of.

"Weak shots like that aren't going to kill me, Bakugo!"

"What's the best option to help her?" Jiro mused to herself, lost in thought. "Everyone's on edge, we can't sit around and do nothing."

Bakugo remained silent, as she continued mumbling to herself. He had almost fell asleep until he heard his name.

"Bakugo...you don't think...we could be infected either, right?"

While the thought had crossed his mind..., "I think it only works in close contact with someone, otherwise she would have been quarantined by now."

"Why wouldn't the teachers do anything or warn us ahead of time?"

"Mass panic would bring even more unwanted attention to the school, and if we're meant to live in the dorms for our safety, would you tell the same people you're protecting that someone is potentially a threat?"

Jiro shook her head. Understanding and sadness contorted her face. She grabbed her ear Jack and tapped them against each other. "So what are you going to do?"

"Absolutely nothing. That's Deku's problem, not mines." And as much as he wanted to deny it, he didn't think he could help. He clutched the blades of grass and threw them into the wind, watching them scatter. One lone blade stuck between his fingers.

"That doesn't sound like you. Don't even deny it, you're the same person who paid back Kirishima to make everyone smile. You're to entitled be worried."