Dirty

Always - Gavin James

You're in my head 

always, always

I got scared

away, away

...

Maybe it was the feeling of her dress still being a little wet from the rain. Or maybe it was the thought of dying soon. Whatever it was, it was keeping her up at night. She watched as Eddie quietly snoozed away. Happy to see him actually getting some sleeping. She gently ran a finger over her wire necklace. Touching the ring every now and then.

She felt sadness tonight. After so long tonight was the first time she ever felt actually alive. Maybe it was dancing in the pouring rain. Or screaming her favorite song. Or maybe it was the fact that Eddie kissed her. Or maybe it was all of them. She had never felt so free and alive before. And she regretted that she hadn't done this all her life. Lived a little.

What Fel regretted most was not meeting Eddie sooner, cause if tonight was her last night alive, she was happy to spend it with Eddie. She didn't think she could look Dustin in the eyes if she was going to die soon anyways.

" Hey what are you doing awake?" Eddie yawned sitting up. Felicity played with the lace of her shoe. " Lis?"

She shrugged, " Just thinking is all" Eddie nodded and scooted over to her. " Thinking about?" She sighed and raised an eyebrow.

" Dying I guess"

Eddie cringed, he watched Chrissy and he couldn't even think of that happening to her. God, not her. He shook his head and looked her in the eyes.

" Stop thinking you are going to die. Everything is going to be-"

" We don't know that Eddie. Everyone keeps saying that I'll be fine but we don't know that for sure. Eddie everything might not work out for us this time." Eddie shook his head annoyed.

" Have a little faith Felicity" He said sternly. " Be realistic Eddie" She challenged him back. He stood running a hand through his hair in frustration.

" I watched Chrissy die, in front of me Lis!" He pointed to her scoffing. " And I'd be damned if I let that happen to you. I will do whatever it takes, I promise you are going to be-"

" Whatever it takes?" She cut him off with a question. And he nodded. To which she looked away from him. " Don't ever say that." She hissed walking over to him. " If I die I'm okay with that, I will be okay with it, I have to be. But if I lost you, if you died for me, I die too. Maybe not physically. But mentally I will die. And that means I suffer the pain of death twice in my lifetime. You will not do whatever." This was the first time he saw the girl with anger or maybe it was fear mixed in, he couldn't tell.

" Felicity, you won't die."

" Stop saying that!" She yelled at him. " Then stop assuming the worse!"

" What else am I ment to think Eddie, You saw what happened to Chrissy, so how don't you understand that this is going to happen-"

" Because I can't lose you when I just got you" The girls anger vanished when she heard his broken voice. She saw the tears that wanted to spill in his eyes but were held back. She walked over placing a hand on the side of his cheek. " I just got you, Lis, I can't lose you now." one tear slipped from his eye slowly falling.

She stood on her tippy toes and kiss the tear away. She pulled back and looked at him. " I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here" She spoke gently to him and he pulled her in tightly, squeezing her like she might vanish. And what she said was half true. She promised to always be here but she didn't mention not in a physical way.