17

Lloyds POV

The sun wasn't to set for another 5 hours so Jay, Cole and I stayed in the monastery. Occasionally checking in with Zane a Pixal.

"You really think Kai would fall for a brainwashing?" Jay asked. "I worried about him too." Cole said patting him on the back.

"For how much we've all been through...I'm surprised Kai is the first to be brainwashed." Jay said with a little laugh.

"Well...I mean...the staff of elemental did take some affect on him." I said. Cole nodded.

"Did master Wu say anything else other then about brainwashing?" Cole asked. "Only about something on how people aren't always there to do harm." I said with a shrug.

"What do you think that could mean?" Jay asked. We all shrugged. "I'll ask Zane tonight." I said.

"About tonight...you think...?" Jay started staring at us. I shook my head. "My hopes is no...nothing will happen...but if Kai really is brainwashed by a murderer then I hate to say it...but probably." I explained.

"I just hope Kai snaps out of it before then." Cole said. "At this point...I hope we can ever get him back." I said. They nodded.

Kai's POV

"And this is where I used to live." I said showing Talon around the old blacksmiths shop. "So cool." She said.

She walked over to some old swords and found a small knife. She walked back over to me. "Keep it. I'm surprised no one has come to steel anything." I said.

She nodded before finding a small knife holster. She tired it around her leg after breathing her transforming fire breath thing on it.

"This is a nice home...but didn't you say you lived here with your sister without your parents?" She asked.

"Ya...my dad and mom where...well I've told you." I said and she nodded.

"Do your parents come here now?" She asked picking up a sword and feeling the blade. "I think. I mean it's been kept well. I haven't come here in a while so I think it's them." I said.

She nodded slowly and noticed the smoulder. She breathed into it and it caught a blaze. "You still got the skill?" She asked grabbing a slab of metal.

"I can try." I said walking over to her.

Lloyds POV

"I'll go check." I said walking to Wu's room. We discussed asking him for some tea after Jay had the idea of a spell braking tea.

This was after almost 3 and a half hours of thinking of a plan. Once the sun started to set we started to get a bit more motivated to find answers.

I knocked on his door. There was no answer so I peeked in.

"Master Wu?" I called pushing the door open. No one was in the room. The only real thing that was there was his smoke thingy.

I looked around for a bit till I decided to see if the smoke said anything. I sat down and crossed my legs.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of Wu. I waited for a bit but nothing happened. A tap brought me back to the monastery.

"Did you see master Wu?" Cole asked. He reached his hand out and pulled me up.

"I think he's gone on one of his expeditions that he doesn't tell us about." I said with a small laugh. Cole shrugged and we walked out of the room.

Jay was still on the console so he wasn't bothered by it.

"Well we got around 45 till we should head out. What you guys wanna do?" Cole asked. Jay turned slowly around to look at us.

"Wanna try making Kai's hair style?" He asked with a smirk. Cole looked at me. "We got nothing better to do." I said with a smile.

We dashed for Kai's room.

Talon's POV

Finally we got the sword to work. "That took way to long." I said with a huff. "And I did this for a few years." Kai said with a laugh.

"3 and a half hours." I started. "It should not take that long." Kai finished.

"The sun is starting to go down." Kai said stepping out for a moment. "We could start headen'er." I said.

"Heading Her?" He cocked his head. "It's a saying. All it means is start going." I said. "Ohh cool." He said thinking about it for a bit.

We walked back into the blacksmiths and cleaned up a bit. "KAI!" A woman's voice called.

Instinct I went invisible as I turned around.

"Mom?" Kai said turning around as well.

There was a lady with black hair that ran and hugged Kai. "Kai? I didn't know you came here." An older man said walking in with a bag full of things.

"Oh I just came-" He stoped himself when he noticed I wasn't there. He thought for a moment before looking at his parents.

"Have you gotten taller?" His what I assumed was his mother asked. She looked down at his legs and gasped.

I released them that the pants I had chosen where a bit to tight, something I should have thought about.

"Did you brake your legs?!" His mom frantically asked. "No mom...just let me...." I smiled knowing it would be hard for him to put the words together.

"He made a deal with me." I said becoming visible. Kai's mother's gasped even louder as his father run in front of him with a sword.

I put my hands up and stepped back, looking at Kai for him to explain.

"Mom dad it's ok." He said stepping forward. He stood between me and his parents and moved his hand in a downward motion.

His father slowly moved the sword down. "This is Talon. She's from a different realm. Where you can make serious deals that can...change someone's looks." He explained.

He then reached down and pulled off his gloves. His mothers again gasped and went to hold them. How much air can the woman take in? I thought.

"Did you burn yourself?" She asked. He shook his head. "I made a deal to help her people...so now I look like this until I've helped them enough." He explained more.

"What's the deal?" His father asked glaring at me. "He is to help my people and durning the time he has my powers. But the longer I wait to get the deal completed the harder it will be to remove...the deal." I explained.

"How do we help?" He mother asked. "How about we start with introductions. Talon, Ray and Maya. Ray and Maya, mom and dad this is Talon." Kai said as I held out my hand.

They where hesitant at first looking at my clawed hands but they eventually took it.

"Can we help at all?" Ray asked looked at me. "The only thing I ask is that you do not tell anyone." Kai said.

I nodded. "My realm is a mirror realm.. and this will take a bit."

Woooow where getting to the end I promise y'all.

(Update from a year later after that comment...we are not.) I say it a lot and no we are not.

(1211 Words)