11

Kai's POV

I was woken up by a shake. The sun was just starting to rise so my room was a hazy dark blue.

When my eyes adjusted I saw it was Talon. "That was nicer then last time." I whispered. "Har har... get up I smelled something and I want some." She said.

I sat up and I could now smell it too. "Zanes making pancakes. He makes the best." I said standing. "Get me some." She said pushing me to the door.

I laughed a bit before leaving the room. Closing the door behind me.

I walked down to the kitchen and there was Zane and Pixal. "Good morning." I said with a wave. "Good morning Kai." Pixal greeted.

"Your back to your normal self." Zane said with a smile. I nodded and moved to the table. Normal self being up before anyone. (other then the Ninjrodes)

I sat down and waited. It didn't take long before three pancakes sat in front of me.

I didn't take my long to finish two and I waited till they weren't looking before moving it down.

"Kai?" Zane called. I looked up at him. "Your dragon..." He started. I shot a glance at Pixal. "I've already informed her." He said and I glared at him.

"Your dragon. How is it able to go invisible?" He asked as he placed the rest of the pancakes in the oven to keep them warm.

"She...is...a light dragon." I said. I remembered that Mr. Pale from the tournament of elements was able to go invisible. "Oh..." He said as he whipped the counter top.

"Welp ima go get ready." I said standing. "Kai your hands." Pixal said reaching for the one without the pancake.

Shit. I remembered I hadn't put on my gloves. I clenched my fist so they wouldn't see my claws. "Your elemental power...is there something wrong?" Zane asked looking at them.

"It has been acting up recently....but please don't tell the others." I asked. "Do you even have your fire?" He asked.

I looked at him then at my hand. While they where focused on that I breathed a bit of fire onto my fist. "Yup. Now I really have to get ready incase the others see me like this." I said pushing away from them.

I left the kitchen and almost ran to my room. I quickly opened the door and shut it behind. "Brought the best one I could- MASTER WU?!" I said turning around to see him.

"Kai." He said calmly. I laughed nervously. "What...what are you doing here?" I asked forcing a smile.

"I was going to ask you about this." He said holding out a familiar notebook. My skin went pale and I looked over at the cabinet. It was open.

"I um....I just...." I couldn't think of anything as I took the booklet. "I understand." My master said standing. "You would go to there world to help here. I understand you'll do this for them." He walked over to the door.

"Also. Your friend wants their pancake." He said with a smile before leaving the room.

I just stood there. Mouth open at the closed door. A moment later Talon was doing the same visible. She moved her hand and took the pancake and began eating it still staring.

I then turned to her. And she looked at me. "Did you?" I started. She shook her head. I shook mine and walked over to the cabinet. I re hid the notebook. I grabbed a bottle of hair gell as well.

"Ok....well...either we're screwed or fine." I said. "How's that?" She asked. "Master Wu will either tell Lloyd and Lloyd will try to tell the others or master Wu understands and we'll be good." I explained.

"Well you need more practice flying. Come on." She said walking over to the window. "Let me get ready first." I said as I opened the bottle.

She rolled her eyes as I looked into the mirror on the cabinet door. I started brushing the gell in. A moment later I heard a knock and Talon went invisible.

"Come in." I said not turning to the door. Cole and Lloyd then entered and I turned to them.

"We're going to head out to see if there where anymore killing...for some reason there has been non." Lloyd said. Well I know why I thought. "Alright." I said turning back to the mirror.

In the reflection I could see Cole look at Lloyd then back at me. "Usually you want to come?" Cole noted. "Just not feeling it today." I said opening the cabinet and placing the gell right in front of the notebook.

I turned to my bed and put my gloves on. "Are you ok Kai?" Lloyd asked. "Yes. When have I not been fine." I said with a laugh.

"Alright..." He said before leaving. Cole glanced at me and walked up to me. Placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Your our brother. I know you don't tell us a lot but we can help." He said before leaving. "Not really.." I mumbled.

He sighed and turned to the door. He shut it for me and I closed my eyes for a moment. I then re opened them and walked to the window.

"Alright let's go." I said opening the window. Talon then followed and formed in front of me. I got on and we flew out about five minutes.

"Alright time for you to fly." She said. I glanced at her surprise. "Just jump off and transform. It's easier then you think." She explained.

"Alright then." I said. I stood up and looked at the mountains below. "Welp. Here goes nothing." I said before diving off.

Talon then followed. We where falling head first. I hadn't yet transformed.

I smiled at her. She smiled at me. I transformed and spread my wings. She did the same and we where gliding beside each other.

"Told you it's easy." She laughed. "I have to admit it was fun." I said smiling.

We flew the rest of the way to the ledge we were before.

I landed first, her behind me. I didn't transform but took in how calm it felt to be one of the most powerful creatures out there.

"At least you'll be hidden in the dark." She said. I looked at my body. I was completely black with red highlights here and there.

Talon walked over and gathered some of the branches. She placed them in the little circle I made and lit them up.

The sun had started to reach the horizon and I fell on my stomach. I placed my head on the ground close to the fire.

Talon did the same. Except leaving her head up. "You look comfortable." She smiled.

"I didn't release how comfortable I actually was." I said. The fire also didn't feel hot. It felt more warm.

The rocks didn't scratch my skin as now I had scales. It also felt easier to breath. Talon then also laid her head down and closed her eyes.

"Tonight we'll do part one of our mission." I said not opening my eyes. "Mhm." She hummed.

I almost fell asleep when I heard wings flapping and some dragon landing. I shot open my eyes to see Pixal and Zane. Oh COME ON I screamed at myself.

👏👏👏👏

(1240 Words)