12

Kai's POV

I growled slightly which caused Talon to wake. She growled much more viscously then me and stood up. She moved herself in front of me, her tail was thrashing.

"Your Kai's dragon!" Zane said looking at her. She growled and I stood up.

"Your a light elemental dragon...but that one." Pixal started looking at me. I growled slightly.

"Dragon of Shadow maybe?" Zane said. They started forward but Talon moved in front of them.

"You can understand us. You know where not going to hurt either of you." Pixal said.

Talon was having non of it and she snapped at them. "There still dragons." Zane said pulling back Pixal.

"Where's Kai?" Zane asked Talon but she just growled through sharp teeth.

"May we see the other one?" Pixal asked. Talon gave a low growl and looked at me. I gestured my head to the open ledge and she caught on. "Im going to fly out." I told her. I knew only she understood.

I quickly ran in front of them and took off. Talon was right behind me and Zane was behind her.

"Your going to have to learn how to go invisible now." Talon called from beside me.

A moment later a shot of ice came beside us.

"They're going to tell the others to look for you." Talon called. "How do you know?" I asked. "Being a dragon for this long. You'll start to pick up sounds most can't hear. Now time to go invisible." She said.

I nodded and she dived. I quickly followed and a moment later she disappeared. I looked back at Zane and he was powering up with an ice blast.

"Here goes nothing." I said. I focused on just going invisible and then attempted to.

"YESS." I heard Talon call. I pulled up and saw my scales where gone. I then looked around. I could see a faint outline of Talon flying beside me.

"You'll be able to see me a bit." She said. "Now you better get back before they get worried. I nodded and started full tilt for the monastery.

It took 2 minutes to get there and I practically dive bombed into my room. Transforming and re appearing at the same time.

I landed in my room and I jumped on my bed. Talon came in and grabbed a random book and threw it at me.

I caught it and opened it.

I moment later Jay came in unannounced. "Oh hey Kai." He said with a nervous laugh. He was panting to I guessed Zane told him to check on me.

"Yes?" I asked raising an eye brow.

"Zane just asked me to check on you." He said slightly walking in. "Well I'm fine." I said turning back to my book.

"Oh...ok." He said as he left. I breathed out a sigh that didn't last long as Zane came in. "Show me your dragon." He ordered.

"Ok ok...don't need to order it." I mumbled. We walked out to the court yard and Talon formed. Zane then shooed Jay away.

"You where just with a black dragon. Who was it?" He asked her. She shrugged." Must have been some other dragon." She said.

"The dragon looked oddly like you." Pixal said. "Hm don't know." She said before disappearing.

"Your dragon...shes?" Zane started. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Ask about her to master Wu. He found her." I said turning around.

I then ran straight into the said master. I fell and he rose an eye brow. "Yes that dragon was from the realm of first born." Wu said before continuing his walk to the main courtyard doors.

I looked up at Zane who seemed to be trying to piece together a puzzle that we told him was already solved.

I stood up and started back to my room. I entered and closed the door. Talon then formed on my bed.

I looked at her. She smiled at me. "That was fun." She said. I didn't smile. "Look...this may go south if Zane finds out...so we'll keep this on the down low ok?" I said. She nodded.

I looked out the window. I could tell it was about 12pm.

"Do you hate me?" Talon asked in a not so cheerful voice. "Why do you say that?" I asked her.

"What I did to you. What your going to have to do. How many lies you have and will tell to cover this up." She said. I shook my head.

"I don't like lying this much. But to help to save your people. No I don't hate it." I started. "I love what I can do. How I'm able to be what I can be. A dragon...the strongest beast. I'm jealous you live in a world where this is normal. So I'm more thankful then anything." I said. She nodded and stood up.

She then hugged me and I hugged her back.

I started to tear up and I pulled the hug harder. She released and lightly patted my back.

"You know." She sniffled. "I never cry in front of people." She laughed. I loosened the hug. "Same here..." I mumbled.

We held the hug for a while. It felt good to hug someone. Someone who listened and didn't care for what I say.

"Kai, Cole and Lloyd wanted to know if-HOLY FIRST BORN COWS." Jay came in unannounced.

"JAY!" I yelled at him. Talon quickly went invisible and as Jay attempted to leave I could see Talon pulling him in. Jay tried to fight but Talon covers his mouth and pushed him in.

I closed and locked the door. Talon threw him on the bed and became visible and grabbed my pillow case. She ripped it up and tied a large piece around his mouth and hands.

That was a good pillow case too I thought.

"Jay before you freak out listen to me." I said. Jay was trying to speak sarcastically but Talon kept his hands away from his mouth.

"Look ok only master Wu knows about her. And I need to keep her a secret. So we'll untie you if you'll stay quiet ok?" I said quickly. He narrowed his eyes but it softened once he knew he was safe.

He started to slow nod and Talon reluctantly let go of his hands.

He quickly undid himself and his bounds and stood up. "Ok...what are you not telling us?" He asked. He then looked at Talon. "Jay, Talon. Talon, Jay." I said.

Her eyes where as thin as needles. "And she's...not from here..."

Weeeeeeee againnnn

(1109 Words)