xviii. confession

FLASHBACK.

"olivia?" chris stared at the girl in front of him. she was still wearing the dress from earlier and her hair was still made nicely despite  the look on her face that made it obvious she was running. olivia walked into his room and shut the door. 

"chris i know you were there tonight. nick told me about your plan." was the first thing she said. chris didn't meet her eyes. "chris, i need you to look at me." olivia says. chris finally looks at her. her eyes are brimmed with tears but she was not crying. 

"when i heard our song playing, i started looking for you. when i didn't see you, that's when i knew. when i started dancing with jordan, i knew. i knew that you were the one i wanted to dance with. not him. i finally realized that... that i love you. i'm in love with you. and i always have been. the truth is, i always believed in true love. i always knew it was perfectly rated. but i didn't say it then because i thought i didn't know. but feeling what i felt today when your brothers walked in without you? that was love. i missed you. i missed you so fucking much."  she looks at him, only to see a small smile. 

"i missed you too, via." he said. "so much, you don't even know. ghosting you when we were younger was the worst mistake of my life. i couldn't face how much i had hurt you. and i know we were only ten years old but that was when i knew i loved you. i loved you so much that i kissed your sister to prove to myself that you were the one i loved. but knowing that at such a young age was so scary to me that i just... i ran. and all those years, i couldn't face talking to you because it was such a new and scary feeling for me. but i want you to know that i never stopped caring about you." chris vented. olivia let out a small laugh. chris continued to speak. 

"when you came back, every feeling that i had just tucked away just came rushing back. and i guess that's why i texted you. at jordan's party, i was going to tell you all of this. my confession, my side of the story, everything. but when i saw you guys kissing, my jealousy just kind of... took over. and i left. just like tonight." he finished. olivia looked at chris. the two stared at each other for a moment before simultaneously leaning in. 

their lips connected and olivia could swear she felt everything around them stop. in that moment, it was just them. olivia and chris. no matt yelling at nick downstairs. no trevor barking from the front door.  

wait. olivia quickly pulled away. 

"chris, i'm sorry. i can't do this." she muttered before opening the bedroom door and running down the stairs. chris heard the front door shut before everything registered. the kiss couldn't have been that bad. why did she run? chris stood there, processing what had just happened when he remembered. 

he didn't show up. he always argued back and never gave her space. he gave her the reason not to trust him again. it was all his fault.

FLASHBACK OVER.

***

maha speaks :)

the rewritten chapters are officially done and everything after this is brand new, never been seen before :) i love u guys so much thank u for being patient!