xvi. down the drain

REAL LIFE

breaking olivia's heart for the second time was not what chris intended to do. in fact, he actually did show up at her party. he had this whole grand plan to make up for nine years of not talking to her. he was going to sneak in through the back and after she cut the cake, he would ask the nate to play you & i by one direction. then, he would come out from behind the curtains ask her to dance. he had gotten everyone in on it.

but his entire plan went down the drain the second jordan lowell asked her to dance.

chris watched from behind the stage as his friend led the love of his life onto the dance floor. he watched in envy as olivia smiled with jordan as they danced. in his jealous rage, chris forgot about his entire plan. he texted those in on the plan a quick 'never mind' and left the venue through the back door he came.

of course he knew that her smile was fake. he knew her better than anyone. but in that moment, he hated that she didn't wait for him. she just said yes to jordan without a second thought. so much for them not dating, he thought.

he decided to uber back home, letting matt and nick know not to wait for him at the end. he wasn't prepared for their questions. the time he arrived home, he went straight up to his room and locked the door. 

chris fell onto his bed, staring at the ceiling. he couldn't help but think of olivia's face when his brothers walked in without him. he saw right through the fake smile then, too. he knew he upset her by not showing up. but he couldn't face seeing her dance with someone else. to make things worse, his good friend. he knew he couldn't get mad at jordan, but he couldn't help it. chris was jealous of his friend and in love with someone who probably wants nothing to do with him now.

"chris, can you please open the door?" someone knocked on his door. chris has been home and wallowing for over two hours. he reluctantly got up and walked towards his door, opening it. his eyes widened when he saw who was there.

"olivia?"

maha speaks :)

this chapter is brought to you by shut the mc fuck up.

ANYWAY

ANYWAY

sorry for the cliffhanger 🫶

little chrivia moment next chapter?