xiii. i kinda need you

A FEW DAYS LATER, october 1st, 2022.

"fuck, fuck, fuck." olivia sighed, burying her head in her hands. it was currently three in the morning and she had just woken up from a really bad nightmare.

when olivia was just four years old, her mother died in a terrible car accident. a few years after it happened, the young girl, now seven years old, was sleeping over at the sturniolos' house when she got her first nightmare. in the dream, she was an adult driving a car. in the car with her was her mother. the dream would always end the same: olivia drove the car straight into a ditch, killing her mother instantly and everything to go black, resulting in olivia waking up hyperventilating and sweating. that first night, olivia was with chris in his room (nick and matt were in the other room) when the boy woke up to his best friend silently crying into her mattress. chris immediately started comforting the girl and invited her to sleep with him in case she got another nightmare.

after that, olivia's nightmares became even more frequent. when she was seven-eight years old they were the worst. some nights were worse than others, but she had that nightmare almost all the time, to the point where her dad would send her to the triplets' house to sleep over every night since chris was the only one who could calm her down. chris and her dad were the only two people in the world who knew about this recurring dream.

as olivia got older, she had the nightmare less and less. once she moved away from boston, she started having them every few weeks rather than every few days. weeks turned into months and now, she gets the dreams every three or four months. without chris, she had a really hard time handling them on her own. on the nights she had her nightmares, she would stay up by scrolling through tiktok or instagram because she was terrified of falling asleep again.

tonight was the first time she had it in over a six months. and of course it was the night before her first big test in her journalism class, which was at eleven in the morning. she had hoped to get a good night's sleep tonight and wake up early to study. but of course, the universe had other plans.

olivia looked at the bed on the other wall, where cory slept peacefully. she sighed, not wanting to wake her up. desperate to find a way to go back to sleep, olivia grabbed her phone off the nightstand and started texting the only person she could think of at the moment.

olivia

hi

i know its random and its 3 am

and ur probably sleeping

but if youre not asleep

i kinda need you right now