x. chris i was kidding

EDITED ON 12/23/22.

"we're here!" cory walked through the front door, olivia and kayla walking in after.

"cory!" matt ran in from the kitchen. he pulled his girlfriend into a hug. "i missed you so much. nick is in his room, let's go." he pulls her by the arm through the kitchen, into nick's room. olivia and kayla waited in the foyer for nick.

"you better not make a mess in my room or i swear to god." he yelled as he turned to the amused girls. he then smiled. "now, let's go to chipotle."

"yeah, one second." olivia said. "let me call chris."

"he said he didn't want to come." nick furrowed his eyebrows. olivia shrugged.

"i feel bad if we're leaving him." she walked up the stairs, walking right into chris's room, startling the boy, who was sitting at his desk scrolling though tiktok.

"knocking is a thing." he mumbled, glancing up at the girl for a split second before looking back at his phone.

"do you want to come with us to chipotle or not?" olivia asked. chris looked up from his phone surprised.

"you want me to come? i thought you said no."

"i was joking, chris. i said yes after, remember? i don't leave people out like that. even if they do deserve it." she added the last sentence under her breath. chris's forming smile immediately dropped into a glare.

"fine. i'll be out in a few minutes."

nick and kayla were waiting in the car when olivia came back. she quickly sat into the front seat.

"so?" nick asked. "is he coming?" olivia nodded.

"yeah, he said he'll be down in a few. what should i play?" she asked, taking the aux cord and changing the subject.

"taylore swift." nick suggests, catching on. kayla nods her head.

"i'm fine with anything." she says.

"i'll play my taylor playlist." olivia presses shuffle play on her playlist. chris opens the door and sits in the back next to nick right as the song 'the way i loved you' is playing.

the four sit in silence, letting the music play while kayla drives to the nearest chipotle. there were times when olivia would look into the rear view mirror and see chris already looking at her. both teens would look away, turning red every time it happened. nick was the only one who noticed this and made sure to keep matt and cory updated.

when they arrived at the chipotle, chris stopped olivia before she could go inside.

"hey, v..olivia." he grabbed her shoulder gently. the girl turned around.

"yeah?" she stopped, looking at him. chris looked down, grabbing the back of his neck before looking back up at her.

"um, i just wanted to say thanks for letting me tag along." he gave her a small smile, to which olivia returned.

"it's nothing, really. i may be throwing insults at you, but i'm a decent person. i wouldn't leave anybody out of a hangout, no matter how much i dislike them."

"you will never get a sentence out to me without an insult will you?" chris asks. olivia shrugged.

"it's fun annoying you, pissy chrissy." she said before walking inside. 

"fuck my life." chris sighed before walking inside after her.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER.

the four were back in the car, driving home from chipotle. they were laughing at a joke nick had made. olivia was about to say something before her phone pinged with a message, momentarily pausing their music.

"one sec, lemme check this." she paused the song and opened the notification.

IMESSAGE.

unknown

hi liv!!

its me jordan

sorry if this is weird

i asked nick for your number earlier

"you gave jordan my number?" olivia looks at nick, who shrugs and smiles innocently. chris's mood instantly drops.

liv

ohhh hi jordan!!

its not weird at all dw

im with nick rn actually!

jordan

oh cool!

ill let you go back to ur fun in a minute

i just wanted to ask you something

liv

ask way

jordan

okay so

my birthday is this week

i'm turning 20

and im having a party at my house

friday night

and i was wondering if you wanted to come??

liv

omg that sounds so fun!

who else is gonna be there?

jordan

well,

i invited the triplets, so theyre coming with josh

and so are alahna, elmer, mikayla, and nate and then

a couple other friends

and you can bring cory and your sister of you want!

"jordan invited me to his birthday party next week." olivia announced to the group. nick cheered.

"oh fuck yeah! we're gonna have even more fun with you there." he shoved chris, who just shot him a sour look. olivia turned to kayla.

"he said you and cory can come if you want. it's on friday night."

"oh fuck, i'm working friday night. it seems fun though! you go with cory and make sure to post a lot of pictures."

liv

kayla cant come, shes working

but cory and i will be there :)

jordan

great! im excited

see u in class tomorrow !

liv

see you!

maha speaks

jordan is a W don't worry