Eight.

 ❝ Beauy, your face is prickly

Beauy, your face is prickly. ❞
Like a porcupine. ❞

Eight:

Animal Dilemmas

____________________

"Nah-Uh! The fox says—" Miles proceeded to make a chittering noise, angrily directed towards Eric.

"No, it doesn't! Foxes make weird screeching noises!" Eric yelled back, determined to be right. As far as he knows, Miles is wrong. He probably doesn't even know what sound a damn pigeon makes. "Like you!"

"Maisy, honey?" Miles paused, smiling sweetly at their little sister who was innocently playing with blocks. "What sound does a fox make?"

"It's—" Miles chittered again. "—Right?"

Instinctively, Maisy turned her head at the sound of her name. But before she could even respond to Miles' odd sound effects, Eric stopped her. "Woah, Woah, Woah—"

"Cheating, much?" Eric gestured to Miles, waiting for him to understand what he did. While their sister patiently stared up at them, a little puzzled. "Maisy, what sound does a piggy make?"

Maisy did a little snort, continuing to play with her blocks. She was building a nice tall tower.

"What sound does a cow make?" Miles added, deciding to play along with Eric's little game.

"Moo-Moo," Maisy giggled at their immaturity, this is a funny game. What silly arguments her brothers have.

"What about . . ." Eric tried to think of an animal that would be more difficult, progressing the game along even further. "A froggy? What sound do those make?"

Maisy pretended to think about it whilst tapping her chin, just to mess with them a little. After a moment of anticipation, she croaked like a frog. "Ribbit!"

"Okay, so far so good." Miles nodded his head, rubbing his hands together as he prepared to win the argument. He was about to dominate Eric and was prepared to rub it in.

"What about a mouse?"

"They go squeak," Maisy scrunched her nose and pinched her fingers as she made the high-pitched noise, any louder and she would've hurt their ears.

"Okay—" Eric glanced at Miles, about to ask the most important question of all. "Maisy, what sound does a fox make?"

The pause seemed to last an eternity to Miles and Eric, her answer would forever change the course of this argument. The tension was unbearable, their hearts pounding in their chests—

"Pow-pow-pow-pow-pow pow-pow!" Maisy sang before erupting into a fit of giggles, leaving the boys very confused. Neither of them won, she didn't break the tie. She only confused her brothers even further.

"What? That's not what the fox says!" Miles began to argue with the preschooler now, his noise was correct. Everyone else is wrong! How dare they contradict his opinion that is most definitely a fact.

"No, it chitters!"

"Nah-Uh!" Maisy argued, she knew she was right. After all, there's a whole song about it to back her up.

That's when the real chaos erupted. Resulting in two timeouts.

It got a little heated for Beau's taste, so he sent Miles and Eric to sit in separate corners because they began to give him a headache.