Throwbacks : 13- 14

A/N:

... I don't have anything to say for myself.

____________________

Thirteen:

Bye-Bye, Curls

____________________

"Well, little girl," Beau ruffled Maisys golden curls with a reflective expression, observing how long her hair has gotten. "I think you're due for a haircut."

"What?!" Maisy defensively clutched her hair and ducked away from him, unsure of what he meant. His words were out of the blue, all she was doing was a little puzzle Amber bought for her.

"Yeah, her hair is getting a little . . ." Cassidy paused as she tried to think of the correct terminology. Once she did, she snapped. "Unkempt."

"My hair is too kempt!" Maisy frowned at her sister instead before her anger faded into confusion. "What's kempt?"

"Unkempt. Messy and tangled." Cassidy clarified before leaning down and kissing the top of Maisys head before walking to the other side of the dining room table to dig through her purse for her phone.

"You know, Sawyer cut hair for a little while. I could see if she still could give Maisy a little trim." She suggested, although she was already texting her fiancée as she spoke. Sawyer was out picking up a cheesecake they ordered for dessert that night, it sounded delicious.

"Yeah, that should work." Beau nodded, still looking over Maisy's wild hair. Lately, it's been getting extra tangled and hard to manage. That, or it's always in her eyes. It's also grown long enough that it reaches just a couple of inches above her belly button. Which, is quite long.

Maisy still stared at them, horrified. She clutched the ends of her hair and defended her lovely locks. "But I love all my hair! I need it!"

This was terrible! Don't her siblings understand that they can't just take away her hair?!

"Come on, monkey." Cassidy encouraged, knowing she definitely needed a haircut. It was becoming hard to get her ready in time in the mornings before daycare, because of how long it takes to brush out the knots. "It'll just be a few inches."

That may have been a teensy understatement.

"Teddy told me he doesn't want me to cut my hair." Maisy crossed her arms, deciding that her siblings couldn't go against the bear's wishes. They knew what happened when the sacred bear wasn't respected. No one wants another grouchy Maisy.

"Oh, really?" Beau pondered out loud. "Because I spoke to him earlier about the idea and he thought that a haircut sounded absolutely perfect."

Maisy frowned, stumped yet again. "He did?"

Beau gave her a sincere nod and pretended to be a little bored of the situation. He couldn't over-sell it. "Yes, he did. He said he doesn't like when he can't cuddle with you because your big curly mane is in his way."

Maisy let out a long exhale but gave in, even though she didn't have much of a choice. "Alright."

"But only because Teddy thinks so." She said in a stern voice at her siblings, just so they knew she wouldn't be giving up so easily if it weren't for her fuzzy companion.