Six.

Six:

Christmas Morning

_____________________

"Merry Christmas, sleepy girl!" Beau planted a gentle kiss on her forehead as he took the blanket off of her. They had an eventful Christmas Eve last night, but since morning is slowly slipping away, he decided to wake her up.

"Excuse me, little lady-" Beau pulled Teddy away from her face, she had used him to shield her face from the light. "Don't you want to see if Santa Clause came and brought you presents?"

His words alerted something in her sleepy brain and managed to act as a shot of caffeine. She shot up from her bed, a wide grin plastered across her face.

"Did he come, Beauy?!" She bounced in place while she waited for her older brother to answer her. "Did he bring toys?"

"I don't know, kiddo. We've gotta go check-" Beau lifted her up, matching her excitement as he whispered to her. "But first you've gotta wake up your brothers and sister."

She let out a long squeal, clutching Teddy in her arms as she ran into the hallway to wake up each of her siblings.

"Eric!" Maisy slammed her hand against the door before running in, climbing onto his bed. The only trace of him was a lump beneath the covers. "Get up! Get up! Get up!"

He let out a long groan, shifting away from her loud excitement. Unfortunately for him, he had stayed up much later and as a result-Is now much more exhausted.

"Miles!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, satisfied enough that Eric had moved. Hopping off of his bed to flee to the next room. "Amber!"

•.

Within ten minutes, everyone was sleepily crowded around the living room. Maisy ran around, passing out everyone's stockings and presents.

But before they opened the presents, Beau realized Maisy looked upset. Staring at the coffee table with a frown.

"Mais," Beau waved her over, pulling her onto her lap to see what the issue was. What kid pouts on Christmas? "What's the matter?"

Maisy's lip stuck out in a small pout, her voice small as she confided in her brother. "Santa ate my cookies,"

"Honey," Beau had to stifle a laugh, quickly correcting his behavior. They had spent yesterday morning decorating dozens of sugar cookies. Maisy didn't know the ones left out on a plate weren't for her. "Those cookies were for Santa, remember?"

"But I wanted a cookie too, Beauy." The poor dear was quite confused. She was under the impression that Santa only left presents and did nothing else.

She didn't expect to see nothing but crumbs on the plate.

"Sweetheart, why don't you go gather up the presents," Beau suggested instead, deciding to just distract her. An odd little girl, she is. "Pass them out."

Soon enough, the presents were sorted out between the siblings. Maisy had a big smile again, even though she needed help reading the labels.

It was a lovely white Christmas.