JOSEPH QUINN

You unlocked the door and stepped inside quietly. You listened out for any noise but the apartment was silent.

"He has to be here," you thought to yourself as you placed your bag on the side and removed your shoes. You began to walk towards the bedroom when you heard a cough.

Bingo

You approached the bedroom and pushed the door open.

"Who's there?" you heard a croaky voice call out and you chuckled.

"I'm not going to lie darling but if I was an intruder you calling out isn't going to do much," you said, leaning on the doorframe and smiling at your boyfriend softly.

"Sweetheart!" he called out and reached his hands out, making a grabby motion. You chuckled and shook your head before walking over to him.

"You not feeling great?" you asked as you stroked the side of his face gently. He smiled at you but you could tell he wasn't feeling great. The toilet roll on the bedside table was an indication but the blinds were shut at 11 am.

"I don't feel super great," he said, leaning his head onto your hand and closing his eyes. You sat on the bed next to him causing him to open his eyes.

"You shouldn't be here," he said quietly causing you to raise an eyebrow.

"You got a secret girlfriend in the wardrobe I need to know about?" you joked and he frantically shook his head, stopped suddenly when he became dizzy.

"No-no-no sweetheart, I don't want to get you sick," he said and you laughed.

"Joe my love, you are here, sitting in bed and unwell. I'm not going to leave you here knowing you're unwell. I'm going to get you some water, and a flannel for your head and I'm going to try and make you feel better" you said, kissing his forehead before walking back to the kitchen.

You heard the soft padding of feet behind you and turned to see Joe standing there, with one of your fluffy blankets draped over his shoulders like a cape. He ran a hand through his hair as he stood there grinning at you.

"Joe you are meant to be in bed, not following me around your apartment," you said and he laughed before coughing.

"But now you are here I don't want to leave your side," he said shyly as he walked closer to you. He came over and wrapped his arms around your waist, his head snuggling into the crook of your neck. You wrapped your arms around his neck, one of your hands playing with the hair on the nape of his neck. He sighed contently as you played with his hair.

You tried to make a move to the kitchen and he groaned, clutching to you tighter.

"Joe"

"Y/NNNNNNN," he said, dragging your name out as he giggled.

"You know, looking at it I think you've gotten better. I don't think you're sick anymore. So you don't need food and cuddles" you joked, kissing his forehead and he pulled away shocked.

"I too am sick, the whole room is spinning as we speak," he said and you grabbed him, directing him to the sofa.

"The room is spinning and you wanna stand there?" you asked and he nodded.

"I wanted cuddles" he pouted, poking his bottom lip out and looking at you with big brown eyes.

"What am I going to do with you?" you asked as he grinned at you.

"Love me? Take care of me? Cuddle me?" he asked, his smile getting wider with each answer.

"Right. You stay here. I am going to get some water and then we are going back to bed" you said as you walked into the kitchen.

As you filled a glass with some water you felt two arms wrap around your waist and a head rest on your back.

"I missed you" he mumbled against your back.

"I'm not complaining but you are in a very cuddly mood," you said, placing the glass on the side.

"I feel better when I'm close to you," he said shyly, his voice croaky.

"Let's get you into bed," you said as you turned your head to look at him. You saw him nod and you turned around in his arms. He stood in front of you, arms still wrapped around you as he placed his head on your shoulder.

You unwrapped his arms and led him back to bed. He shuffled behind you, the blanket cape still on.

He climbed back in bed as you placed the water on the bedside table next to him as you made your way into the bathroom. You ran the flannel under the cold tap before ringing the access water out and walking back into the bedroom.

Joe beamed at you as you walked back into the room. You walked over and placed the flannel on his head as you sat down beside him. He visibly relaxed as the coldness of the flannel was placed on his forehead. You climbed into the bed next to Joseph as you began to flick through the tv before giving up and putting on YouTube. Joe shifted around for a few seconds before handing you the flannel and laying his body between your legs and his head on your stomach. He smiled up at you as you placed the flannel back and began to play with his hair.

"Better?" you asked and he nodded, flashing you a toothy grin and making your heart skip a beat.

"I love you, sweetheart," he said, half-asleep with his eyes closed enjoying the feeling of you playing with his hair.

"I love you too," you said, smiling down at him.

After a while, you heard soft snores and you looked down to see Joe fast asleep in your lap, a soft smile on his face. You removed the flannel and placed it next to you on the bedside table before resuming the YouTube video.