Tomato Plant

I came across this picture while cleaning my phone and this very short one shot was out. Dooly, always and forever 💗

******

She was adorable. 

He didn't know where that thought came from, but he knew he had no control over the butterflies in his stomach her proud smile was causing, nor the myriad of emotions born from her mere existence. 

He had been miffed, hoping with childish hope that she would give him a prize too. After all, he was the one who had saved her, fed her, clothed her, and taken care of her. 

And then the idea that other men had prizes and he didn't... 

His disappointment hadn't lasted long. She hadn't forgotten him, no. 

Quite the opposite. 

She had planned a special present just for him, and had waited until it was just the two of them. 

So, yes, her gift was absurd and ridiculous, yes she had made him lose potatoes and had put the tomato plant in the worst place for it to grow. 

But her smile... 

He had hidden his confusion behind a sulky pout, but if she knew…

If she knew that hearing her voice in the morning gave him one more reason to get up… 

If she knew that each of her tears made him feel helpless and ready to move mountains… 

If she knew that her smile had the power to erase everything around him so that she was only the only one he could see. 

If she knew that her appearance in his life had awakened in him emotions that he thought were gone forever, but also new ones that no one had ever provoked in him. 

But she didn't know. And for her own good, hers, his, for her safety, she shouldn't know. 

As she was telling him some nonsense about saying 10 nice words to the plant, her smile intact despite his lack of cooperation, he finally decided that maybe he could like tomatoes. 

It was safe. And at least, losing tomatoes wouldn't hurt that much...