8

The impossible becoming possible

Rooster and Tails walked in together, Phoenix looked back at her and smiled then Tails took a seat next to Phoenix. "You and Rooster?" She questioned and Tails nodded happily. She smiled and said "Finally." 

"Good morning Aviators." Came a voice which was Cyclone headed to front of the classroom with papers in hand. Warlock and Hondo follow shortly behind. Tails was confused when she didn't see Maverick. "Captain Mitchell is no longer your instructor. He's been permanently grounded."Cyclone said. Phoenix and Tails looked at each other with concern. "In a crisis like this." Dawn muttered with concerned. Cyclone looked at Dawn but chose to ignore what she said. "And as of today, you have new mission parameters. Time to target is now four minutes. You'll be entering the valley at reduced speed, not to exceed 420 knots." He continued.

"That's huge problem." Crow muttered. "Why's that Crow?" Cyclone asked her. "Would this give time for enemies planes to intercept us?" She questioned him. "Well Crow, you have a fighting chance against an enemy aircraft. What are the chances of surviving a head on collision with a mountain? You'll be attacking the target from a higher altitude, level with the north wall. It will be a little harder to keep your laser on target, but you will avoid the high-G climb out." He explained to her. Tails shook her head and knew she had to speak her peace on the mission.

"But sir this... we were train to most likely to survive but how your leading is going to be deadly." Tail spatted. Rooster looked at her. "You do realize who you are talking to." Cyclone said to her. "I know who I am talking to just like you are talking to the daughter of Lt. River and Dodger who knew in issues like this, your suppose to lead for survival and succeeding the mission not this, not how your approaching this, in all honesty the time to target should be shorter and avoiding enemy at all times possible, just how Maverick was teaching us." Tails explained, everyone was surprise at her courage. Hondo nodded. "Tails..." Before Cyclone could finish, The screen behind him starts to beep as a small animated airplane begins to follow the course of the valley. A single F-18.

"Who the hell is that?" Cyclone said. Tails smiled as Crow smirked. "Maverick to range control. Entering point Alpha. Confirm Green Range." Maverick voice booms through the classroom as Hondo turned on the radio at the back. "Maverick, Range control, green range is confirmed." A voice replies to him suspiciously. "I don't see an event confirmed for you, sir." The voice said again.

"Well I'm going anyways."  Maverick replied. "Nice." Phoenix mutter, Tails stared at the screen as a smirk appeared on her face. "Setting time to target, two minutes and fifteen seconds." Maverick announces. The time at the bottom of the screen changes. "2:15 That's impossible." Coyote says in disbelief. "He's going to try and make it possible." Crow said to him.

"File attack point, Maverick's inbound." The animated plane flies through the point, signaling the start of Maverick's count down. He makes his way around the valley with complete and utter ease. Tails stare at the screen as Maverick's time reaches 1:25, hoping he can prove to everyone that this mission is flyable.

Maverick's plane reaches the flat zone at the end of the valley, completing Phase One. "Popping in 3...2...1.." His plane navigates the mountain as he inverts the plane upon reaching the peak of the first mountain, starting the nose dive. Tails eyes widened as they see his laser finding it's way to the target. The missile lock tone, "Bombs away." Maverick announces. Then He initiates the incline of the last mountain. Five seconds left on the count down.

"Holy shit." Crow muttered, "He going to make it." Tails thought as they all stood up as the last five seconds continue to count down. His G-force counter on the screen continue to increase. 8 Gs, 8.5 Gs, 9 Gs, 9.5 Gs, 10 Gs... The Target explodes on the screen. Maverick executed the run perfectly. "Bullseyes! Holy Shit!" Fanboy exclaims. "Damn." Is all that Hangman could say.

Tails smiled. "Hondo, Tell Maverick to meet me in my office. Immediately." Cyclone said as he and Warlock leave the classroom. "Maverick did it, he prove that it was possible." Tails thought. Everybody sat back down in there chairs. "Well Maverick's in deep shit, huh?" Hangman says. "He's the only one that's proven that this is possible. How much trouble can he really be in?" Phoenix replied to him.

Tails stared at the ground. "Tails are you good over there?" Hangman asked. "Yeah, just a lot on my mind." She replied. "Your bold statement toward Cyclone, that's not like you." Coyote said. "I know, I'm trying so hard but all I want to accomplish is making my parents proud but at the same time not letting you all down." Tails said. "You are one hell of a pilot, but you aren't trying to hard, you are succeeding, you are just making a legacy for your family in your own way but don't push it overboard." Dawn said to her friend which caused Tails to smile. "Or Just don't be stupid or do anything stupid." Crow said smiling which caused Tails to give her a look. "Crow, save that advice for yourself there because sometimes I feel you take advice from Norman Bates to prepare you for combat." Tails replied. Dawn giggled. "Leave me and my show alone!" Crow exclaimed. "Your messed up show." Dawn replied. "Don't even." Crow said which caused everyone to giggle as Crow and Dawn began to bicker.

........

Everyone went to Hard Deck, Avery, Macy and Serenity were hanging out at the bar. Avery was staring at Jake, Serenity looked at her, "Avery, go talk to him, you have nothing to worry about." Serenity said. "I'm just scared." Avery said which caused Serenity to look at  her. "Avery... you told me not to scared.. but take your time, when your heart is ready." Serenity said to her. Avery looked at Jake and back at Serenity. "I am just going to go outside for some fresh air, things are going to be overwhelming from here on out." Avery said as she walked away from both Serenity and Macy. "I am going to play some pool, wanna join?" Macy asked. "I'm going to pass, I have a lot on my mind." Serenity said and Macy nodded then made her way to the pool table.

Bradley made his way to Serenity, then she wrapped her arms around him which caused him to wrap his arms around her. "Oh Bradley... I am scared." Serenity tells him. He sighed. "You have nothing to be scared about." Bradley said. "Losing you." She admitted. He pulled away and looked at her "Serenity, I'm not going anywhere." He tells her. "Promise me, you will come back to me safely." She asked as they pressed their foreheads together.

"I promise." 

...............