2

So It Begins

The alarm blasted through out the room and Serenity grumbled, she turned over and turned off her alarm on her phone and sighed. "Well let's begin hell today shall we Tails." Serenity said to herself as she sat up in her bed then she smiled at last night's events.

....

Bradley walked Serenity to her Chevy impala, it was exact replica from the show Supernatural, it was her mother's and recently she restored the engine.  Bradley smiled. "I see you still have this beauty." He said to her. "Indeed I do, I just recently restored the engine... but one day I might have to stop driving her but for now... I am going to enjoy it." Serenity said as she stared at the car.

Bradley smiled at her and said "I remember the one time, when your mom drove us to ice cream shop then took us on the back roads." Serenity looked over at him and smiled slightly. "She adore you so much, I think a little to much but it's fine because I adore you." She tells him which caused his heart to flutter at her words. "If it helps you with everything that's about to happen, you are going to make her and your father proud." Bradley said to her. Emotions started coming in and she smiled at him as a tear slipped down her cheek which He wiped it away with his thumb. She pulled him into a hug and he held onto her.

....

She looked into the mirror and sighed. "Oh I hope I can make you proud momma." Serenity said to herself before she walked out of her room. She grabbed her keys then made her way to the academy.  

.....

"My schedule is free tonight tails, let me take you out." Hangman said to the woman. Rooster's jaw clenched. Serenity looked over at Hangman. "Bagman, you should know, I wouldn't go out with you even if were the last man on earth, because if that to happen, your basically screw so fuck off." Tails snapped then She looked over at Phoenix . "Oof, I think you should accept Hangman, You been trying since before we graduated, just accept, you are way outta Tails's league." Payback said to Hangman and He just sighed. Rooster looked at the woman, he knows Serenity. A man has to win her heart, since they were kids, he's known that.

"Maybe you should take your buddy's advice and leave Tails alone, gee no wonder why you constantly get reject and don't get laid." A voice said. Rooster's eyes widen at the women beside her everyone looked at her. "Crow!" The woman exclaimed behind her. "And who the in the world are you?" Hangman asked the young woman and Payback was stunned at her outburst. "Avery Wang, but it's Crow to you Bagman, right behind me is Macy Rogers known as Dawn and don't even try it on me dude." Crow snapped back which caused everyone to giggled. "Damn I like her." Phoenix said to Tails, she nodded at Phoenix, Tails looked back at Crow and smiled which she returned.

"Attention on deck!" They heard the female Navy Chief call out, They risen out of their seats as Cyclone walks up in front behind the podium. The woman then speaks again. "Vice Admiral Beau 'Cyclone' Simpson." She turns sharply and salutes to him.

He observes them then the sit down. He looked at Tails, He knew her mother, pretty much all of TopGun knew of the couple Lt 'River' and 'Dodger'. He nodded at the young woman before looking at all. "All of you were at the top of your Top Gun Class. The best of the best." He starts off. "But that was yesterday and the enemy have new fifty generation pilots like you that level our playing field. We only have very few details without the technological advantages we used to have, so we expect a lot from you all."

Tails took a breathe as she listen to the older man on the podium and standing in front of the large American Flag. "Half of this group will make the cut while the rest stand aside on the mission and only one of you will be named mission leader." He looks up from his note which cause Tails breathe to hitch silently, Crow sighed and Hangman move in his seat as those words had came Admiral's mouth, tension filled the air.